View Full Version : hack for start menu

patnshan
09-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Is there a program that can be used to add more programs or folders to the start menu? I would like to add the games folder to the start menu as you can on a windows desktop, not just individual games. Also, can you ever put more than 9 programs on the menu? I have an ipaq 3950 with PPC 2002. Thanks.
Pat
:?:

dhettel
09-03-2003, 06:45 PM
With PPC 2002 and pocket file explorer you can copy the file, then go to /windows/start menu and paste a shortcut into it. It will allow you to add more than the menu will. At some point you will loose the background image, on your start menu. But you can add.

In WM 2003 if you add, your shortcuts will be moved to the program folder. I was hoping for a fix for this feature.

David

patnshan
09-03-2003, 06:49 PM
I do have pocket explorer. I didn't know you could override that 9 item limit. I will do it that way.
Pat

ux4484
09-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Yes you can put a folder in the start menu, but when you select it, it opens a window like the the one that's opened when you select Programs, not a cascading list (but some third party overlays do).

Open file explorer, go to: My Device/Windows/Start Menu
The contents will be listed, you can now add more than 9 items, but if you have more than 11 items on the list, you'll end up losing any "skin" under your start menu, and have a scroll arrow at the bottom to see the stuff at the bottom of the menu (things like Find, Help, Settings etc....stuff you don't really WANT to have to scroll too)

DavidGMiles
09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
it is very configurable and makes the menus cascade like the XP Start menu 8)

http://tillanosoft.com/ce/smenu.html

DavidM

patnshan
09-05-2003, 06:41 PM
I tried this small menu program. It looks real nice. Exactly what I was looking for. I think I will register it. I appreciate the help.
Pat