View Full Version : I like that picture. Where can you get it though?

JustinGTP
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
I own a very nice HP iPAQ 2215. I love it to peices. Anyways, I see on the MS website that you can get different colours for the background theme, but since there is no program that lets you edit the them for the pocket pc 2003, thats free, yet, I want to know how I can get this on there because I have seen the colours actually on the PDA!!!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/themes.mspx

How do I get THOSE?? THX

-Justin.

peppzilla
09-03-2003, 12:43 AM
All you have to do is download the theme by clicking on the "Download the Windows Mobile Blue (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/themes/WindowsMobileDefault.tsk)" (for example) link on the page. Transfer the .tsk file to the Windows folder on your PPC with ActiveSync, and it will be available in your themes list (Start > Settings > Today).

Unless you were just talking about the colors rather than the actual themes. Then you will have to wait for a theme editor if one isn't available for WM2003. Then you can use those colors to create your own themes.

Actually, shouldn't any old theme editor work for WM2003, like the one from Microsoft? The .tsk files should be the same. Of course, I won't have my 2003 device until tonight ( :clap: ), so I can't tell.

JustinGTP
09-03-2003, 01:05 AM
No, the theme editors don't work on ppc 2003. I am waiting for that to come out. And do I just put it in the windows folder? Thanks!

Justin.

Sven Johannsen
09-03-2003, 03:35 AM
Actually the current MS theme editor does create themes that are compatible with WM2003. It just doesn't automatically load it on the PPC from what I've heard. I never let it do that anyway. Save the theme you create somewhere on you desktop and then copy it to your WM2003 machine into either the My Document or Windows directories. The .tsks work fine.

JustinGTP
09-03-2003, 03:46 AM
Yes.

I have figured this all out. I am sorry I haven't posted. You have to manually put your own .tsk files to the PPC yourself, and then they work. I loaded them into the windows folder. Also, I got how to load them up ok, so I am set now. Thanks everyone for their help.

-Justin.