View Full Version : Pocket PC Thoughts - based in Calgary?

JustinGTP
09-02-2003, 11:31 PM
I just noticed that to enter the contest, you could send some snail mail to Calgary, and I also wondered if that is where Pocket PC Thoughts was located?

-Justin.

0X

upplepop
09-02-2003, 11:35 PM
That's just where Jason Dunn, the Executive Editor is located.

Jason Dunn
09-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Yes, I live in Calgary. :D

But Pocket PC Thoughts is a team effort and our team lives all over the world! Europe, Canada, USA, elsewhere...

petvas
09-02-2003, 11:56 PM
The Internet unites people!!! 8)

JustinGTP
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Hehe, whereabouts?
Justin.

Jason Dunn
09-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Hehe, whereabouts?

NW Calgary, Tuscany to be exact. What, are you stalking me? 8O :lol:

JustinGTP
09-03-2003, 02:25 AM
:idontthinkso: How could I stalk you when I didn't even know where you live!

lol. I live near you! In springbank! Where all the fancy houses are. I used to live in Scenic Acres across the way!

That was 6 years ago tho! Tuscany wasnt even there, neither was Stoney Tr.!

-Justin.

Jeff Rutledge
09-03-2003, 04:28 AM
I've often wondered how many registered folks here are from Calgary. I think I've seen a fair number in my times here, but have never counted or made a list or anything.

Jason Dunn
09-03-2003, 05:12 AM
I've often wondered how many registered folks here are from Calgary. I think I've seen a fair number in my times here, but have never counted or made a list or anything.

I've been meaning to do this for a while - would you guys like to get together for some sort of meeting? Maybe a dinner or drinks?

ale2999
09-03-2003, 06:32 AM

I've been meaning to do this for a while - would you guys like to get together for some sort of meeting? Maybe a dinner or drinks?
YES
I am coming to put postcards in ur mail soon anyways! (saturday lol)

ethancaine
09-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I would love to join you folks, but I unfortunately live in Okinawa, Japan.

Now, if anyone in Okinawa Japan would like to hook up for Coco's, I'm all for it.

:beer:

DimensionZero
09-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey!

I'm all for it!
Perhaps you could buy me a plane ticket out of here and I'll meet up with you! :D

Jeff Rutledge
09-04-2003, 05:05 AM

I'd be interested for sure.

Steven Cedrone
09-04-2003, 01:55 PM

You did try to do something like this in the past (2001):

Monday, January 22

THOUGHT: Any readers from Calgary, Alberta, Canada? - I'm curious, are any of my readers from Calgary or the surrounding area? I'd be interested in starting a Pocket PC usergroup. If you'd be interested in that, please email me. Thanks! (http://web.archive.org/web/20010124083000/http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.html)

Steve

David Prahl
09-04-2003, 06:39 PM
First there was COMDEX. Then came GNOMEDEX.

AND NOW...

POCKETPCTHOUGHTS...DEX! :lol:

A convention would be cool, but even a PPCUG would be difficult. We could form "branch PPCUGs" - The Northeast Wisconsin UG would be "NEWPPCUG: a branch of the PPCTPPCUG Association."

Egad, I love acronyms! :mrgreen:

Mitch D
09-04-2003, 06:41 PM

Heck I'm for that... would be nice to put a face to the names.

JustinGTP
09-04-2003, 11:51 PM
count me out, im only 16! And my parents are control freaks. Eeek!

-Justin.

I love Calgary!

easylife
09-05-2003, 12:39 AM
Monday, January 22

THOUGHT: Any readers from Calgary, Alberta, Canada? - I'm curious, are any of my readers from Calgary or the surrounding area? I'd be interested in starting a Pocket PC usergroup. If you'd be interested in that, please email me. Thanks! (http://web.archive.org/web/20010124083000/http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.html)
No, I really, really, really, don't want to debug! :evil: Is anyone else getting like 20 popups asking to debug? (IE6, Windows XP Home) :?

maximus
09-05-2003, 01:38 AM
First there was COMDEX. Then came GNOMEDEX.

AND NOW...

POCKETPCTHOUGHTS...DEX! :lol:

A convention would be cool, but even a PPCUG would be difficult. We could form "branch PPCUGs" - The Northeast Wisconsin UG would be "NEWPPCUG: a branch of the PPCTPPCUG Association."

Egad, I love acronyms! :mrgreen:

Well, we can also make a convention in your hometown (madison?), and call it DAVIDDEX :mrgreen:

SlimDady
09-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Wow thats pretty cool. I live in calgary as well??

maybe i could participate?

SlimDady
09-05-2003, 02:13 AM
could all get together and share all out ppc things with eachother.?? or even like demo things for the site

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 02:35 AM
Yes, we should all get together, no alcohol, and we could just look at eachother devices and programs etc!

-Justin.

Steven Cedrone
09-05-2003, 04:11 AM
No, I really, really, really, don't want to debug! :evil: Is anyone else getting like 20 popups asking to debug? (IE6, Windows XP Home) :?

Hmmm...

I have tried this link from 4 different machines, I am not getting any debug popup messages...

Steve

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 04:17 AM
I hit that link and I got 40 script debug prompts.

You have that feature disabled.

Hit Tools at the top of the page (on the IE Browser) then hit Internet Options then hit the tab Advanced. Undeneath the heading in the list "Browse" you have "Disable Script Debugging OFF" That is a good thing because it annoys the heck outa me!

IE Browser > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browse > Disable Script Debugging (Check that box if you wish to not get the prompts, or uncheck it to get the prompts)

Hope that helps,

-Justin.

maximus
09-05-2003, 04:30 AM

-Justin.

I love Calgary!

Are you saying that your parents did not let you go out, since you are still 16 ? When I was 15, I work as a cashier at a department store after school everyday.

Steven Cedrone
09-05-2003, 04:33 AM

-Justin.

I love Calgary!

Bring your parents with you... :wink:

Steve

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 04:33 AM
Nope, I work at DQ at nighttime, but they are control freaks with no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, bedtimes, chores, chores, chores. I know most of these are good for me tho because I turned out smart and staying away from the bad stuff, ie, drugs and smoking etc.

Justin.

maximus
09-05-2003, 04:51 AM
Nope, I work at DQ at nighttime, but they are control freaks with no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, bedtimes, chores, chores, chores.

But they let you do internet ? 8O

I know most of these are good for me tho because I turned out smart and staying away from the bad stuff, ie, drugs and smoking etc.

Justin.

Heheh. Just curious, how do you know that you are smart ? Did you use any kind of benchmark in doing so ? :p

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 04:53 AM
My marks have been in high 80's and low 90's through all of highschool so far, grade 11 and 12 to go

maximus
09-05-2003, 04:57 AM
But, ... being 'smart' is not just about your grades.

It is also about being able to speak/write eloquently, to make opinion assertively, to be able to tone down emotions when necessary, to use structured sentence efficiently, to use hints smartly, etc. etc. :wink: :wink:

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 05:22 AM
And what is your underlying message in that sentence? Or what are you implying? lol

-Justin.
0X

stitics
09-05-2003, 05:59 AM
But, ... being 'smart' is not just about your grades.

It is also about being able to speak/write eloquently, to make opinion assertively, to be able to tone down emotions when necessary, to use structured sentence efficiently, to use hints smartly, etc. etc. :wink: :wink:

To be fair, I would have to say that what you are describing as "being smart" is kind of a conglomerate of "being smart", "being educated", and "being mature".

On the other hand, I agree that being smart can't really be judged on GPA alone. Plenty of smart people barely (or didn't) graduate highschool.

ale2999
09-05-2003, 08:24 AM
anyways lets pick a date already!

Jonathon Watkins
12-27-2003, 06:30 PM
So is there going to be a Calgary get-together? I am due in Calgary on business aroud the 12th of January for a week or two. Any chance of a meet-up then?