View Full Version : HP 2215 data lost

superkev
09-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi :roll:
My new HP 2215 for some unexplaind reason went back to its as new setings. Any idea why this happened - battery, reset etc and is there any way of getting the lost data back
Thanks in advance

Steven Cedrone
09-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Some additional info required:

How long have you had it?
What was it doing at the time it Hard Reset?
Do you sync with Outlook?
Have you done any backups?

Steve

superkev
09-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi
Additioanl info.
Owned for 2 weeks
The PDA had been switched off overnight, wouldnt restart until reset and put in cradle.
A back up was done on the PDA using the internal backup program but to the PC. Suspect batt went flat.
Kev

Steven Cedrone
09-02-2003, 04:22 PM
A back up was done on the PDA using the internal backup program but to the PC. Suspect batt went flat.

When was the backup done? If you charge the 2215 does it hold the charge?

I suspect you had something running that may have kept the 2215 awake after it turned on at midnight. But that's just a guess...

Can you do a restore from the backup you created?

Steve

superkev
09-02-2003, 09:05 PM
hi
Cannot restore the backup, or find any backup tytpoe files. Suspect all is lost.
From what you say Tom-Tom navigator/ blue tooth has been causing a few lock upos so I think this may be the culprit.
Many thanks for the help.
Kev

Steven Cedrone
09-03-2003, 04:24 AM
Cannot restore the backup, or find any backup tytpoe files. Suspect all is lost.

Why can't you restore from the backup?

Steve

superkev
09-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi
All the backup files on the PDA are missing pesumably lost when it went back to its original config. The files created by PCsync files on the PC seem to have been overritten with blank files too.
Kev

Steven Cedrone
09-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi
All the backup files on the PDA are missing pesumably lost when it went back to its original config. The files created by PCsync files on the PC seem to have been overritten with blank files too.
Kev

Oh...

Sorry, I guess it's time to rebuild...

Steve