View Full Version : Back-up battery HELP!

Simone
09-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Greetings, oh great ones!

I searched for help on the back-up battery, but nothing came up, so I'm pleading for help. I've had my Axim 5 since last Christmas and need to replace the back-up battery (it's at 40%). I can't find my manual ANYWHERE (grrrrrrr... :evil: ) so please don't reprimand me... 8O

I've heard nightmares about people losing everything when they replace the little bugger...any tips? AND, can you please tell my what kind of battery I need to purchase? I'm afraid to even open the cover to see what it is...

Thanks in advance!
Simone

GoldKey
09-01-2003, 06:25 PM
You need a CR2032. Just make sure your regular battery is charged and seated property onto the unit before removing the backup. Do a backup beforehand if you are nervous. My original battery never showed 100% until I replaced it.

PatrickD
09-04-2003, 04:08 PM
I just replaced mine with no problem. Mine was still at about 50% but I keep getting annoying reminders to change the back up battery so I did.

AntwanS
09-04-2003, 11:49 PM
Mine too, it was at 40% and I just replaced it with the normal battery in it. I did not make a backup or whatsoever. I just replaced it and turned it back on, no problems here...

David Prahl
09-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I guess it's that time of year! I bought mine the first week they came out, and my backup battey has been acting funny for the past few weeks. I was getting sick of the "low battery warnings" so I splurged and bought the $2.99 CR2032 3V battery.

To replace the battery, push your stylus tip into the little black plastic disc on the back of the X5. NOT the main battery, by the way! The black thing ABOVE that! Push away from the device, and the gray plastic piece should pop right off.

I just had to pop out the old battery and stick in the new one. Cheap and easy! 100 % power on both batteries now!

Oh, by the way, I really suggest upgrading your ROM to A03. The D-PAD thing is fixed, and things just work better in general. Don't forget to backup to a card beforehand.