View Full Version : How long is your battery life fully charged?

ekjl
09-01-2003, 01:00 AM
For some reason mine is at a little bit under 4 hours fully charged. I just got my 2210 last week or so.

Any options inside WM2003 to increase battery life? or any tips?

maximus
09-01-2003, 01:46 AM
4 hours is bad. Really bad. But that depends on the applications that you run. Bad news for 2210 users is the 900 mAH battery. You should petition hp/compaq to make a larger battery :D

My axim with regular 1400 mAH battery can do 8+ hours of oggs playing, with running voice GSM on the background. The 3400 mAH can do much longer.

Jason Dunn
09-01-2003, 03:38 AM
For some reason mine is at a little bit under 4 hours fully charged. I just got my 2210 last week or so.

Eeek! 8O What are you doing with it for those four hours?

Sven Johannsen
09-01-2003, 06:39 AM
You might take a look at the Standby tab under Power. If you have set a lot of reserve (standby time), it can affect your avilable up time. Take a look at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17393&highlight= for some more insight.

ekjl
09-01-2003, 05:25 PM
The thing is I haven't really used it for really much anything yet. It's basically just trying out software and I don't keep the PDA on for more than 10 minutes at a time. I'm waiting to get a 512 mb CF card to play music and games, and probably by then, the battery would get as low as 3 hours.

I'll try out the standby option to see if it increases the life.

I use spb pocket plus to see how long the battery life is BTW.

mr_Ray
09-01-2003, 05:46 PM

Any options inside WM2003 to increase battery life? or any tips?

Battery lifedepends totally on what you're doing with it. With low/no backlight reading eBooks I can read for 3-4 hours and the battery'll only go down to 70-80%. Playing Tomb Raider or Age of Empires with full brightness and sound will eat it up in a couple of hours.

Couple of tips:
- Set screen brightness as low as is comfortable.
- As Sven said set your standby time to a smaller time. The difference can be a full hour or two running time.
- Try xcpuscalar or similar to slow down your CPU when it's idle.
- Get a USB charger cable to steal power frm the nearest PC when you can :D

Janak Parekh
09-01-2003, 06:27 PM
There's also the possibility that your battery is defective... :|

--janak

Jason Dunn
09-03-2003, 08:45 PM
I use spb pocket plus to see how long the battery life is BTW.

FYI: Pocket Plus takes several weeks to get accurate readings on how long the battery life really lasts, so if you just got your device, don't trust what it's telling you just yet. :-)