View Full Version : When did this thread start?

stitics
08-30-2003, 09:28 AM
As it is right now, while browsing the forums, one can tell the topic, number of replies, author, how many times the topic has been viewed, and the date, time, and author of the most recent post.

I don't have the greatest short term memory (I believe this is due to my use of the PPC, and perhaps someone would like to address that in a poll if it hasn't been done already. Does your memory seem to be better or worse since you began using a PDA).

I don't know if it's possible, or desired by anyone other than myself, but I would like to be able to tell when the thread was originally posted.

easylife
08-30-2003, 12:04 PM
I assume you mean in the thread list instead of sort by last posting, sort by (and show) first posting. However, to know when the thread started just look at the date/time of the first post in the thread. :)

Steven Cedrone
08-30-2003, 01:51 PM
However, to know when the thread started just look at the date/time of the first post in the thread. :)

Exactly... :way to go:

Steve

stitics
08-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes, I was referring to the thread lists. I am inquiring about a way to see when a thread was started without having to actually open the thread (I am inherently lazy). :D

GoldKey
08-31-2003, 02:31 AM
I have seen some boards where they show just how old the thread is on the page.

See here for an example http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=18

I think that could be useful information.