View Full Version : I Need Some Help Thx

Tigeraif
08-30-2003, 06:22 AM
I have just purchased a Ipaq H5450 Pocket PC with Pocket PC 2002 installed and windows media 8.

I am new to all this and have some problems.

1. I have some music videos I have encoded to the WMV format and have placed them on my Storage card (SD). The problem is that windows media sees them but when I select them it won't play them.

2. Also if I remove the SD all the programs stored there will disappear. Is this normal?

3. ICQ for pocket PC beta 1 will install and connect but I see no online contacts just offline. I know it connects because the ICQ on my desktop will shutdown saying someone else is using my ICQ. Is this version of ICQ compatable with Pocket PC 2002?

Any help with these issues will be appreciated.

dean_shan
08-30-2003, 06:48 AM
2. Also if I remove the SD all the programs stored there will disappear. Is this normal?

Yes. If you take the CD out of your computer the software that was on the CD can no longer be used on your desktop.

easylife
08-30-2003, 01:01 PM
1. I have some music videos I have encoded to the WMV format and have placed them on my Storage card (SD). The problem is that windows media sees them but when I select them it won't play them.
You might have to go into your preferences and check the boxes for very high bitrates. By default, Pocket PCs won't play music or videos with high bitrates because it can cause system instability. :wink:

Tigeraif
08-31-2003, 06:30 AM
It won't play mpg files either from the storage card and I have tried to cards using pockettv.