View Full Version : WM2003 Integrated IPSec Client

brianchris
08-30-2003, 12:00 AM
This post isn't limited to wireless, but my question seemed most related to this forum than the others availible.

I own an iPaq 5455, and had been greatly anticipating recieving my upgrade to PPC 2003 (Windows Mobile). There were many improvements in WM2003 IMHO, however the absolute *best* new feature for me was the built in IPSec VPN client. Finally, I would be able to VPN into my office using my Firewall/VPN router there instead of designating a WinXP desktop to recieve the PPC's PPTP VPN client's requests.

(Finally) got my upgrade, installed it, and couldn't be happier, EXCEPT the IPSec VPN client in WM2003 doesn't seem to be compatible with my SonicWall Firewall VPN Router :mecry:

In the router's log, I can see specifically each time I try to connect....it says: "IKE Responder: IPSec proposal not acceptable" and then immediately a second message: "IKE Responder: Mode 2 - not tunnel mode." Is there any hope of configurating these to work successfully, or are they just plain incompatible? The firmaware in my Router is a version or two out of date....perhaps that would help? I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions.....thanks!!!

-Brian