View Full Version : Mac and the Pocket PC

townsendtribe
08-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Okay, let me start by saying that I know very little about the Mac. I was discussing with a friend last night, he is a Mac user and we were discussing why he uses palm. I told him that there was software for syncing a pocket pc to a mac, but all of the software I use has a Windows installer... educate me on how you do this on the mac (with the exception of those few apps that post the .CAB file as well as the installer).

Prevost
08-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Some members are Mac users so they will be here soon for sure.

In the meantime, perhaps you'd like to go to Missing Sync web site and find out if this software, used to sync PPC and Macs, does need a Windows emulator program or not; I guess it does not need it.

Alternatively, in another thread a member told me it is possible to use a Windows emulator like Virtual PC.

bmhome1
08-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I am 100% Mac based, and use Virtual PC6 to sync with Outlook and load applications to my iPaq 3955 via Activesync problem-free. Both PocketMac and MissingSync PPC offer PIM data syncronizing native for the Mac, but both fall short with PPC application installs, requiring .CAB files to be dropped into PPC for application installs. As you point out, .CAB files are not necessarily easy to find, the vast majority of PPC apps use .exe installers, useable only with a PC in some form.