View Full Version : HP Leather Case for 2210

maikii
08-29-2003, 04:28 AM
Apparently HP now has a leather case available for the 2210, besides the vinyl case they have had out for some time.

The description (web site) says leather belt case for 2210, I think it also said something about being able to hold a couple business or credit cards. But no more detailed description, and no picture.

The part number is:

FA160A#AC3

The retail price is I think $29.95, and $24.95 for those who can get an academic discount from HP.

Has anyone actually seen one of these cases? Any reviews?

chunkymonkey75
08-29-2003, 01:19 PM
I bought this case myself and have been quite happy with it. If you go to http://casesonline.com and find the belt case for that model iPaq, you will have found the case. It is IDENTICAL in design. The one that HP has only comes in black and has a sewen HP logo instead of a medal one. The price is quite different too....Casesonline $45+shipping HP @Best Buy $30. The only reason that I would suggest going to Casesonline is the wide varity of leathers and colors. But if black is fine for you, I would just suggest going to Best Buy and getting the HP one for $30.

maikii
08-29-2003, 03:01 PM
I bought this case myself and have been quite happy with it. If you go to http://casesonline.com and find the belt case for that model iPaq, you will have found the case. It is IDENTICAL in design. The one that HP has only comes in black and has a sewen HP logo instead of a medal one. The price is quite different too....Casesonline $45+shipping HP @Best Buy $30. The only reason that I would suggest going to Casesonline is the wide varity of leathers and colors. But if black is fine for you, I would just suggest going to Best Buy and getting the HP one for $30.

I wonder why the top corners are cut out (at least in the picture on Cases Online), so they are unprotected. Cut-out corners seem to be a trend. Makes the case shape look a little funny on this one, besides reducing the protection.

It looks like it has a belt clip attached that's not removable, unlike many cases. How securely does that clip hold?

chunkymonkey75
08-29-2003, 06:41 PM

I wonder why the top corners are cut out (at least in the picture on Cases Online), so they are unprotected. Cut-out corners seem to be a trend. Makes the case shape look a little funny on this one, besides reducing the protection.

It looks like it has a belt clip attached that's not removable, unlike many cases. How securely does that clip hold?

I think they cut out the corners in order to save on bulk and make it easier to get out of the case. There is no leather on the edges, only elastic. As far as it looking "funny", it doesn't really. Mostly I like the design of the case because when you have it on your side you almost forget that it is there. It doesn't snag on things like many other cases.

The belt clip is not removable, still confortable to just put in the pocket. I haven't had the case slip off the belt either...and I'm always on the move.

Anthony Caruana
08-30-2003, 03:13 PM
A colleague of mine got one of the new cases for his 5555 and I wasn't impressed by it.

Perhaps he got a "bad one'' but the finish was well below what I would have expected.

On the other hand, I purchased a leather flip case from Proporta and have been impressed. The service from Proporta was excellent and the case is well made.

Chris Spera
08-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Cases Online has a nice line of iPAQ specific cases, and has a set for the 2200.

Check them out at http://www.casesonline.com.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera