View Full Version : Can I do this in activesync?

that dan guy
08-28-2003, 08:03 PM
A buddy of mine just bought an ipaq 2215 and is trying to figure out how to sync the contents of a folder on his sd card. Can this be done with activesync or is there another program that does it and how do you do it?

thanks for the help

later

danno 0X

Steven Cedrone
08-28-2003, 08:05 PM
You could try MightySync... (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html)

Steve

Prevost
08-29-2003, 03:16 AM
You could try MightySync... (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html)

SteveDoes your answer mean it is not possible to sync between the desktop and any card into the PPC only with Activesync? :roll:

Jeff Rutledge
08-29-2003, 04:07 AM
Does your answer mean it is not possible to sync between the desktop and any card into the PPC only with Activesync? :roll:

That's correct. AS can only sync your device's My Documents folder between the folder within your Desktop's My Documents folder and main memory. :(

Prevost
08-29-2003, 05:45 AM
Does your answer mean it is not possible to sync between the desktop and any card into the PPC only with Activesync? :roll:

That's correct. AS can only sync your device's My Documents folder between the folder within your Desktop's My Documents folder and main memory. :(So, I suppose that to load a memory card, I would need to do it in "steps", loading into RAM and then from here into the card, and so on...am I right? I mean, if I do not want to buy a card reader.

I have no memory cards in my Palm, so I won't criticize this time :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
08-29-2003, 05:53 AM
So, I suppose that to load a memory card, I would need to do it in "steps", loading into RAM and then from here into the card, and so on...am I right? I mean, if I do not want to buy a card reader.

You can browse a storage card with Activesync. Just click the Explore button, open the Pocket PC folder and then the Storage Card folder. From there, if you just want to copy files, you can just drag them to this folder from your Desktop PC.

What you can't do is synchronize the files. This means that if you change a file on either the Desktop or the Pocket PC, the other location won't be updated automatically as it would if you had it stored in My Documents in main memory.[/b]