View Full Version : No vibration for 2215?????

rzanology
08-28-2003, 04:59 PM
I just thought I'd throw this one out in the open. For a while now I've been waiting for a ppc that had vibration capabilities. I always carry my ipaq in the case, sometimes it just so happens there is way too much noise around me to really hear when the appointment alert goes off. It would be nice to have it vibrate like the cell phones been doing for so many years now. Not only for that purpose, but for games as well...it would be nice to get a little force feedback while playing spawn. But I found out 3 days ago that the 5450 has feedback. I played around with it and I think it is one of the better features of that ipaq. I know they say the 2215 is a "mid-range" ipaq...but come oooon. For $400 and a new ppc 2003 device, the should have put that feature in. Maybe its just me...but it would have been nice to have it. What do you guys think.

AndyD
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Never even considered it as a feature I would need in a PPC :) What PPC has vibration? I don't think any of the PPCs have it...even higher end ones.

rzanology
08-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Never even considered it as a feature I would need in a PPC :) What PPC has vibration? I don't think any of the PPCs have it...even higher end ones.

The ipaq 5450 does...and it is niiiiice. You may think you don't need one, but if you're in meetings all day it would be nice to have it vibrate rather than make noise. Or perhaps on the street or subway...it happens to me all the time.

dcharles18
08-28-2003, 05:22 PM
The 5550 has vibrating alarms.

AndyD
08-28-2003, 06:37 PM
I stand corrected :) I'm new to all of this so I'm just learning what all these pdas are capable of. I guess you're right...it couldn't hurt to include it.