View Full Version : a problem with amazon shipment

cesarfong
08-28-2003, 04:54 PM
hi .. i have a quiestion for you.. i have bought my last 2 pocket pcs in Amazon.com (5455, 1945) and i had a great service, but yesterday it arrived mi order from a new notebook (a compaq presario) and when i opened the box there were NOTHING.. only two pieces of wood instead o my notebook (UPS ground shipment ).. i call amazon and they tell me that in 2 days they give me an answer.. this is the first time it happens to me and i want to know your experiences... i have written to amazon.... called but i am worry ...

Thanks for reading this and answer me

César

cesarfong
08-28-2003, 04:55 PM
the order was delivered in houston tx , not in piura peru :)

Steven Cedrone
08-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Was the box sealed when it arrived??? 8O

Steve

Janak Parekh
08-28-2003, 05:06 PM
It's possible it was stolen during shipment. Make sure you take pictures immediately if you can, shown as when it was shipped. Assuming you have a good record with Amazon, they should take care of you.

We've had troubles with laptops disappearing in the past in shipment; I have a feeling a few rogue people in shipping companies are bringing home lots of laptops. :(

--janak

cesarfong
08-28-2003, 05:25 PM
it seems that the box was sealed but there were all last weekend that the box stayed in jackson.. for 3 days.. so maybe there was the problem... i i need it for my business and i wait for a soon reply by amazon's CRM..

Thanks for theirs answers.. i fell quiter than last morning. :)

César

Mark Kenepp
08-28-2003, 06:22 PM
I have only ordered once from Amazon. I ordered two items, the Fontopia headphones that were discussed in the forms here some time ago and a CD. The headphones were shipped from Circuit City and arrived on schedule. The CD was shipped from Amazon and never arrived. I called, or emailed them, and they did send me out the CD.

Good luck, I would expect Amazon to be accommodating and get things straightened out for you.

cesarfong
08-28-2003, 06:29 PM
cross your finger with me 0X 0X i trust in Amazon .. 2 bussines days for an answer..

César

CameronK
08-28-2003, 09:31 PM
I guess you could call me an amazon rat. That's where I buy all my stuff (aside from clothes and other common things, of course). I've never had a problem with them, and have always had packages arrive before their scheduled drop off date (I'm in indy and amazon's warehouse is in kentucky :D ). I've also never had a problem with their customer service, and answers have always come within a day. So, I'm betting that they told you to wait for 2 days to investigate what happened to the laptop, as janak stated. I guess my only complaint with amazon is that sometimes they ship items in their original boxes instead of placing those items in amazon.com boxes. My altec lansing 621 speakers came in the same box that you would find at best buy or any other store. Of course this box displayed the contents in all their glory as any box designed to catch the eye of a consumer would. I don't think amazon realizes that the box may also catch the eye of a UPS or FedEx man who's looking for some new toys. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the UPS man is going to sneak a 20 pound subwoofer out of a box, but still, small items like MP3 players, digital cameras, pdas, etc. can easily be stuck in a pocket.

Prevost
08-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Hey Cesar, did Amazon delivered right into your town?

I live in Panama and have made some purchases to Amazon, but I had rented a PO Box service in Miami, so I feel more secure since the company providing the PO Box also cares for the carry over from Miami to Panama and they also have local offices. It is easier to find out responsibilities in an "event": Amazon from headquarters to Miami, then the POBox provider takes over.

I would recommend you to do the same for the next time.

cesarfong
08-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Hey Cesar, did Amazon delivered right into your town?

Hi prevost, no they didn´t. My order was delivery to houston TX. Cause I have a relative there. In the next week he will travel to Peru and bring the laptop to me.

Yesterday night Amazon Customer Center contact me via email. i have to explained in a detail way all aobut the shipment.

César

cesarfong
08-29-2003, 11:32 PM
friends!!!! thanks a lot amazon will send me a new notebook!!! 0 cost.. i am really happy and i understad how amazon care his customers... !!!

THANKS AMAZON!!!

My soul come back to my body :D

César

Steven Cedrone
08-30-2003, 02:36 AM
Congratulations...

I hope this one makes it to you... :wink:

Steve

cesarfong
08-30-2003, 07:12 AM
I hope this one makes it to you...
so do I .. on september 4th is the delivery estimated