View Full Version : Problem with 128Mb SanDisk SD card

tuanoanh
08-28-2003, 02:10 AM
I have an iPaq 5455 with PPC 2002 with latest ROM 1.11.19 ENG - I was able to see and read contents from the above SD card without any problems but suddenly two days ago I am nolonger being able to see this storage card in start->settings->memory any more.

Would someone know how to correct this problem?

I have perform many soft re-set without effect.

I am still being able to read contents of this SD card when inserted into my notebook computer - I have even format this SD card from the notebook and tried insert into the iPaq but still without success.

Help please.

Many thanks.

maximus
08-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Try formatting the SD card on your PPC. Try this. (www.cnetx.com)

tuanoanh
08-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi Maximus,

I have tried exactly as your recommendation but without success - the reason being that FlashFormat failed to detect this SD card. This is the message came up on the screen:
"No storage card detected."

"Please insert a storage card to start using CNetX Flash Format"

Please advise.

I have used my notebook with Windows XP to format this SD card through both type (i.e. NTFS and FAT32) - and still without success in recognising with the iPAQ.

Many thanks.

ctmagnus
08-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Is there anything (dust, dirt, etc) in the card slot on the PPC?

tuanoanh
08-29-2003, 12:32 AM
I have checked and found that the SD slot is clean and free of dirt, etc...

In frustration I have done a "hard re-set" - guess what? my iPaq 5455 is now able to recognise the SD card instantly. Flash format was able to detact storage card and format successfully.

Question:

Is it a bug within the iPaq 5455 ROM that caused the above problem?

What can I do to prevent this from happenning again?

Is there latest ROM that I should install to fix this problem? my current ROM version is 1.11.19 ENG.

Please advice.

Many thanks.

ctmagnus
08-29-2003, 04:58 AM
Question:

Is it a bug within the iPaq 5455 ROM that caused the above problem?

When you hard-reset, you restored the unit to "factory-fresh" conditions. The card worked under these conditiions so, if anything, it was something you installed that was causing the problem.

tuanoanh
08-29-2003, 05:34 AM
Many thanks for your prompt response.

I will check those softwares that I have installed recently to identify which package caused the above problem.

Thanks again.

KevinK
08-30-2003, 08:32 AM
I also ran into lots of problems with a 128 Sandisk. I wound up sending it back - it was just defective. Same problems, data lost, recognized, then gone again. Just call sandisk, they'll replace it for you. Bad card, good company!