View Full Version : Computer to automatically startup?

pschultz
08-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Is there a way or a software program that will enable my PC to automatically startup at a specified time? BTW, I am running Windows XP Professional. Thanks for your help.

Ed Hansberry
08-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Is there a way or a software program that will enable my PC to automatically startup at a specified time? BTW, I am running Windows XP Professional. Thanks for your help.
Some PCs allow timed boots in the BIOS. You can also create a task in the Task Manager that specifies the PC should wake up to process the task, but it may go back into hibernation/suspend when done. You can't use this to boot.

Jason Dunn
08-27-2003, 10:41 PM

Something this low-level needs to be controlled by the system BIOS, so if your computer supports it, it will be in the BIOS.

upplepop
08-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Some BIOS and network cards support Wake-on-LAN which allow you to boot a computer from another one on the network. That's not exactly what you want, but it's the closest thing I have come across to what you are doing.

pschultz
08-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Some PCs allow timed boots in the BIOS. You can also create a task in the Task Manager that specifies the PC should wake up to process the task, but it may go back into hibernation/suspend when done. You can't use this to boot.
It worked! Thanks for the tip.