View Full Version : Injured By My Pocket PC!

piperpilot
08-27-2003, 08:26 PM
I believe that I have been injured by my Pocket PC! I've been doing a lot of gaming and Internet surfing on my iPAQ lately and have been experiencing a lot of pain in my elbow as a result. Went to the doctor about it. She said it was tendonitis, probably caused by repetitive stress. I was too :oops: to tell her that it was probably my heavy iPAQ use, so I blamed it on house/yard work. Worse yet, she said the only way to truly get rid of it is to stop doing the things that caused it in the first place! I would be interested in hearing if anybody else has had this sort of thing happen. In the meantime, not wanting to curtail my iPAQ use, I am stocking up on Advil and ice. :wink:

Jason Dunn
08-27-2003, 08:29 PM
Give this a read:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,9806

:D

Talldog
08-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Give this a read:
Excellent article. I have a chronic condition (not RSI) that is kept under control with stretching. It really works. Strength training also helps.

Janak Parekh
08-28-2003, 01:16 AM
In addition to what Jason and Talldog mention, you might want to adjust your posture. If you hold the iPAQ closely, try holding it a bit further away, or put it in your lap or on a desk.

--janak

Cortex
08-28-2003, 01:54 AM
you shouldnt be embarrassed to tell you doctor about your habit -- you guys could have probably discussed gaming strategies!

:wink:

PetiteFlower
08-28-2003, 04:24 AM
Also take 15 minute breaks every hour, don't do the same thing for hours without stopping, every day. Take frequent breaks and do something else with your hands or arms or wherever you are getting the injury, stretch and just move them in different ways. And, do whatever you can to make what you're doing as comfortable and ergonomically correct as possible :)