View Full Version : Outlook send email error

cklaszlo
08-27-2003, 04:27 PM
Howdy,

Running Windows Mobile 2003 on a Toshiba E755. When I try to send emails wirelessly about 60% of the emails I've tried to send out get a return error. Usually a System Admin.

Here is an example:

Subject: Invalid message recipients

your message was not sent and has been moved to the Drafts folder. The following recipients are invalid:

[email protected]

Is the mail client putting some wierd header info preventing my emails from being sent? Anything I can do about this? I know the addresses are correct I am sending to and this happened before SoBig etc.

Thanks,

Alex

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 05:39 PM
How many mail accounts do you have set up on the Pocket PC???

Steve

cklaszlo
08-27-2003, 05:47 PM
3 pop mail accounts.

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 05:58 PM
3 pop mail accounts.

Do all three point to different SMTP servers? Are the emails that fail to get sent, all go to the same SMTP server? You may not be able to send outgoing mail from your Pocket PC to that SMTP server from anywhere other than your home area...

Steve

cklaszlo
08-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Yes each goes via its own SMTP. My friend owns the ISP (www.escape.com) that I am going through. Not sure what you mean by Home Area?

BTW Thanks for your help. This is an anoying little glitch has it was one of the main reasons I got this PDA was the built in WiFi so I could send and recieve emails. I'm in NYC so their are points everywhere. It's like a free blackberry. :)

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Yes each goes via its own SMTP. My friend owns the ISP (www.escape.com) that I am going through. Not sure what you mean by Home Area?

Some ISP's block anything that tries to be sent from outside of their domain thru their SMTP servers. I take it this is not the case? Do all three accounts go thru your friends SMTP server?

Steve

cklaszlo
08-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Yes they do.

I have three SMTP:

westerman.us
singlereel.com
thrillnetwork.com

I believe they are on their own SMTP. But they could be routed through one SMTP. What do I ask him to allow me access?

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Well, the quickest fix is this: change the SMTP server addresses on the POP accounts that don't work, to the SMTP server address that does work. Route all of your outgoing mail thru the server that does work...

Steve