View Full Version : Birthday Application

Krusty
08-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Hi,

Anyone know a freeware application that go fetch the birthday date on the contacts and show it in today screen?
I know that there is VBirthday 3.2 Gold but is necessery to pay... :cry:
I've been seing other applications but they don't show the date at today.
Tkx,

Krusty

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Are you using Outlook? On my device, if I add a Birthday to a person it syncs with my Pocket PC and the Birthday shows up on the Today screen...

Steve

rhmorrison
08-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Try TaskPlus (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/taskplus.shtml) as it is FREEWARE and appears to do what you want. This was the ONLY one that I could find for FREE (that is also a Today Screen plugin). The program that you mentioned VBirthday 3.2 Gold is probably the BEST of the bunch.

rhmorrison
08-27-2003, 03:42 PM
On my device, if I add a Birthday to a person it syncs with my Pocket PC and the Birthday shows up on the Today screen...
Unfortunately this only works when you enter the Birthday on the PC, if you entered it on the PDA (which is often the case for me) then it doesn't automatically add an annually recurring all day event as it does when you enter it on the PC!

Krusty
08-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Yes i usually sync it with outlook but like rhmorrison said i insert the birthday dates on PPC :(
There are any reason for this "bug"?
Taskplus is just for birthday? And go fetch the birthday dates to contacts?

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately this only works when you enter the Birthday on the PC, if you entered it on the PDA (which is often the case for me) then it doesn't automatically add an annually recurring all day event as it does when you enter it on the PC!

Hmmm...

Ganted, when I add a Birthday on my Pocket PC, it will not show up...

But as soon as I sync with Outlook, it does get added back to the Today screen...

Steve

Krusty
08-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Steve,

explain me this better...
You've created a contact on ppc and then sync it with outlook. After this does the anniversary appears in the today screen or you need to sync outlook with ppc afterwards?

Steven Cedrone
08-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Steve,

explain me this better...
You've created a contact on ppc and then sync it with outlook. After this does the anniversary appears in the today screen or you need to sync outlook with ppc afterwards?

Here is what I do:

Create a new contact (or edit a contact on Pocket PC).
No data on Today about the new contacts Birthday.
Sync to PC and Outlook.
New user shows up in Outlook and his/her Birthday shows up in calendar.
On Pocket PC, Birthday now shows up on the Today screen.

Steve

Qman
08-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Also take a look at Birthday Wrangler
http://www.medusasoftware.com

HTH

iant54
08-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Interesting, qman. Is it freeware, or will there be a price? Seems to have some sort of time-machine involved, since the press release on the site is date 1st September 2003!

Qman
08-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Not sure if its going to be freeware or not its been in beta so long.
As far as the time-machine goings I've been using it since September 2002! :lol: