View Full Version : 5455 Upgraded WM2003: T2TDisk Driver Needed

Chris Spera
08-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Has anyone gotten their iPAQ 1940/45 or 2200 upgraded via PPCTechs to 128MB of RAM?

I upgraded my 5455 to WM2003 last night (went off without a hitch, BTW), but have noticed that T2TDisk no longer works. I can't get access to my extra, internal 64MB of RAM from PPC Techs. :frusty:

Does anyone have the new version of T2TDisk handy? I've tried calling Leonard (left 2 messages) and have e-mailed him (twice) but can't seem to connect with him.

If anyone can e-mail me the WM2003 drivers, I'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Chris Spera
08-26-2003, 07:01 PM
OK... I'm gonna answer my own post. I just got off the phone with PPC Techs. Lloyd got back to me and gave me the scoop on what happened.

The driver works as designed with WM2003.

The problem is the way the upgrade is designed and the way WM2003 internally names your device.

The T2TDisk Driver uses the internal name of your device to identify the upgrade inside your device. Each driver is specifically signed for each individual upgrade (so my original request, for someone to e-mail me a copy of their driver, wouldn't have worked either. I would have run into the same problem...)

WM2003 changed the internal name of my device (not Pocket_PC as shown in the About dialog; and not my S/N either...). Because this internal name changed, the signed driver that I had doesn't work.

In order to get the driver to work, you have to install the non-working T2TDisk app, durn on Debug Mode (Under Tools--Debug Mode), and soft reset the device. Upon soft reset, a T2TDisk.txt file is created. I had to mail that file to Llyod who then had to create a new, resigned driver for me so that my upgrade would work.

Thanks to Lloyd for all his help!

Christopher Spera