View Full Version : Has anybody noticed the Palm-based Sprint phones all over the site?

Mexico
08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I just think it's kinda funny to have Palm smartphones advertised on a Pocket PC site. :lol:
Which triggers a question: what is your reaction after seeing the Palm phones advertised here? Do you squirm a little bit? Do you find it ironic? Do you consider getting one?

Just curious...

M

Jason Dunn
08-26-2003, 04:20 PM
It's the Sprint campaign. They're advertising all their devices, both Pocket PCs and Palms, and there's no seperation between the two.

What's funny is that I never see them because it's a Geo-targetted campaign, meaning only people with an IP address in the USA will see them.

Mexico
08-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I didn't know it included both. I haven't seen any of the Pocket PC devices being advertised... :? Maybe I haven't paid much attention...
Has anybody in the US seen the Pocket PC-based phones appear in the Sprint ads? I hope it's not part of the Geo-targetted campaign that US only sees Palm-based phones...

Cheers,

M

dean_shan
08-26-2003, 04:27 PM
What ad do you see instead?

peppzilla
08-26-2003, 04:29 PM
When the Sprint ads first started, I saw a bunch of PPC ones, but lately, it's been all Palm.

disconnected
08-26-2003, 04:37 PM
It seems strange (and very annoying) that Sprint thinks there are enough Pocket PC enthusiasts here to make it worthwhile to place ads on the site, and yet is ignoring the one thing that would convince more of us to buy their phones -- WHERE ARE THE BLUETOOTH PHONES, SPRINT???

Mexico
08-26-2003, 04:38 PM
I see Palm, Palm, Palm, and Palm. Oh, and Palm too.

famousdavis
08-26-2003, 04:44 PM
what is your reaction after seeing the Palm phones advertised here? Do you squirm a little bit? Do you find it ironic? Do you consider getting one?

I hardly notice it -- I scroll down a bit to avoid seeing the flashing banner, so I never paid any attention.

Do I squirm? Not unless my boss is walking past my desk and glances over to see me surfing the Net instead of attending to my project plan! :wink:

jmz28
08-26-2003, 04:45 PM
I see Palm, Palm, Palm, and Palm. Oh, and Palm too.

I see palm and some other palms and then some more palms. :(

CTSLICK
08-26-2003, 07:12 PM
It seems strange (and very annoying) that Sprint thinks there are enough Pocket PC enthusiasts here to make it worthwhile to place ads on the site, and yet is ignoring the one thing that would convince more of us to buy their phones -- WHERE ARE THE BLUETOOTH PHONES, SPRINT???

Amen brother...I could get a better deal with Sprint via a corporate program but the bottom line is no bluetooth...no deal. I have become FAR too accustomed to using bluetooth to get my PPC to the internet without aligning IR ports or extra cables. And so I will continue on with T-mobile despite my contract being up next month. Score -1 for Sprint.

I think they are too worried about pushing their all-in-one solutions.

Jason Dunn
08-26-2003, 07:25 PM
I see palm and some other palms and then some more palms. :(

Sorry guys, but it's helping to pay the bills, though I wish Sprint would understand that this is a Pocket PC site and focus their ads on Pocket PCs here. :-)

Mexico
08-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Sorry guys, but it's helping to pay the bills, though I wish Sprint would understand that this is a Pocket PC site and focus their ads on Pocket PCs here. :-)
I think it's great that you're getting money from Sprint, but if Sprint doesn't get money from us (since they're advertising Palm-based devices on a hardcore Pocket PC community), then there will be a point when you will no longer get money from Sprint... And we don't want that, do we? :wink:

It's all about ROI, my friend.

dh
08-26-2003, 08:59 PM
I can't see too many people being interested in Sprints PDA phones anyway. They don't offer anything that is worth buying.
That Hitachi thing is an ugly monster and the POS offerings are not any better. They didn't offer the Kyocera 7135 but went for the more basic i500 instead. I guess they also still sell the terrible Samsung i330.
The best smartphone they have is still the Treo 300. It shows how slow smartphone development is when Sprint are pushing POS4 devices when OS6 is not far away.
I'm another that would sign with Spint if they were to offer a BT phone, because of their nice data plans.

PetiteFlower
08-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Their nice data plans are the reason they don't offer BT, I suspect. They have the data plans so cheap because for most people the use is limited.....check out how much it costs for a data plan with one of their GRPS (or is it CDMA????) CF cards....