View Full Version : AvantGo annoyances on my 5555 running WM 2003

MultiMatt
08-25-2003, 01:08 PM
I am experiencing the following annoying things when reading my AvantGo channels ever since getting my new 5555 running Windows Mobile 2003: I'll click on AvantGo, and it will take as long as a minute for the (AvantGo home) page to come up!
My iPAQ will repeatedly try to connect to my Bellsouth dialup connection. This occurs with each and every page that I view in AvantGo!Anyone know what's up with that?!!!

Matt

daverph
08-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Mine was taking longer to load, but I never had the dialup problem. I found that when I changed the default home page to the avantgo local page, there must have been one of those 'no thanks' forms on the screen. It was trying to call up the avantgo page with a 'form submit' tag on the end. Can't believe how dumb I felt when I figured that one out...

MultiMatt
08-29-2003, 01:40 AM
I created my own startup page (it's actually pretty old - I made it when I first got a WiFi card two iPAQ's ago!):
http://pocketpclouisville.com/images/IE_screen.JPG

The thing is, I had not loaded this page when I first got my new 5555... I used the default page, and still experienced the slowness and the attempts to connect.

Very odd....

Matt