View Full Version : Getting new Ipaq 2215- Questions

Badandy
08-25-2003, 03:55 AM
Hi. I've had Pocket PC's before I got my NX70V, so I am not a newbie but have some questions :)

I have heard of problems with Journal Bar and Battery Pack working with Windows Mobile 2003. Do any of you have any problems with either of them, or is it safe for me to just buy them?

I also downloaded wisbar advance for when I get my ipaq (coming tomorrow from amazon), should I install this software, or are there to many incompatibility issues.

I also am looking at Resco Explorer, worth getting?

Thanks for all the help in advance

ps-My main questions are with Battery Pack and Journal Bar working in tandum with WisBar Advanced, so that is of paramount importance if you are gonna answer any questions at all ;)

Thanks

Sven Johannsen
08-25-2003, 05:18 AM
I also am looking at Resco Explorer, worth getting?

Don't use the other stuff, but wouldn't leave home without Resco Explorer. It makes it a Pocket PC (instead of a Palm with a file system)

mobius
08-25-2003, 07:01 AM
I have heard of problems with Journal Bar and Battery Pack working with Windows Mobile 2003. Do any of you have any problems with either of them, or is it safe for me to just buy them?

I tried running both at the same time and my iPAQ didn't seem to like it. Then again, I was also running Dashboard and Wisbar Advance with a pretty theme so that could be a big part of the problem. I'm thinking that it'd be fine to run Journal Bar or Battery Pack but not both.

I also downloaded wisbar advance for when I get my ipaq (coming tomorrow from amazon), should I install this software, or are there to many incompatibility issues.

Wisbar Advance is a pretty convenient app that will help close programs instead of minimizing them. Some of the skins look nice if you're also interested in changing how the UI looks. It doesn't seem to give me compatibility issues unless I really load up on apps (mentioned in the previous paragraph).

AndyD
08-25-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm running trials of both programs and have not run into any trouble whatsoever. Not sure what kind of issues others have been having.