View Full Version : Alarm going off all by itself!!! - h5550

SteveP
08-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi All

Just got my shiny new h5550 to replace my not so shinley Psion 5mx :D . I've noticed that when I set a task with a reminder time...sometimes the alarm goes off as soon as I switch the 5550 on..rather than at the allotted time.

Am I goin' mad? Does anyone know if this is a bug of some sort.

Also. Has anyone noticed that sometimes the iPAQ DOESN'T switch itself when an alarm is set? Seems to be random, but on tow occasions, the alarm has not 'rung' and when I switch on the iPAQ... the alrm sounds.

...it's causing me to over-sleep when I should be up and working :wink:

petvas
08-23-2003, 06:30 PM
There are many threads about that issue... Just search for it in Brighthand and here also...
I have a H5555 and everything works great! No issues with Alarms. Make sure you don't have SPB Pocket Plus installed. There have been reports of it causing such problems...

SteveP
08-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Hi Petvas

I'm envious...'no problems with alarms'

Fancy swapping iPAQs??? :D

petvas
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi Petvas

I'm envious...'no problems with alarms'

Fancy swapping iPAQs??? :D

:mrgreen:

nicola_tantra
11-03-2003, 01:59 PM
I did a hard reset and a debug method suggested somewhere in this forum.

I found that when I installed the SPB PocketPlus everything get messed up and repeating alarm will refuse to work again!! Unfortunately SPB PocketPlus claims that they have "fixed" the repeating alarm issues ... instead they messed it up!!!! :devilboy:

Perhaps try do a hard reset and install agenda fusion/pocket informant (which ever you are using) to see if the repeating alarm works or not. Do bare in mind that the repeating alarm offered by WM2003 has several seconds interval so it is not purely a repeating alarm ... it is sort of a staggering repeating alarm ....

hope it helps 0X

________
nic

SteveP
11-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the tips!!

:lol: