View Full Version : Problems with using the Socket WiFi card on Ipaq 3950/Windows Mobile 2003 while recharging.

Ipaqian One
08-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Has anyone else had problems while using the Socket WiFi card on an Ipaq 3950/Windows Mobile 2003 while recharging? I've noticed the screen gradually fading to completely white/blank and the 3950 locks up whenever I try to recharge it with the Socket Low Power Wireless LAN card in my CF Expansion Pack Plus sleeve. I even tried removing the Expanion Pack's external battery and putting it in the charger and still I've encountered the same problems.

I know it's not the power supply since I tried it on 4 separate rechargers - 1. My desktop cradle 2. My HP foldable keyboard connected to a power supply 3. The same power supply for the keyboard connected directly to the iPaq. 4. Another power supply in my bedroom and 5. A car recharger. In all of these scenarios I still had the same problem.

This is a bummer because there are lot of times when I could be surfing/reading email and recharging at the same time.

I'm wondering could it be an issue beween the Socket card and the CF Expansion Pack Plus while using the 2003 OS? I even took out the Expnsion packs battery to be sure but still the same problem. The problem dissappears immediately when I take the iPaq off the charger.

:( :?