View Full Version : 5550 turning on at midnight

ctmagnus
08-23-2003, 07:06 AM
I've noticed the last several nights that my 5550 turns itself on at midnight now. I thought MS fixed this? It may be just since I applied the Pocket Backup patch for the startup errors, also.

On the other hand, I haven't noticed my 3670 doing that recently.

:confused totally:

Steven Cedrone
08-23-2003, 07:27 AM
I've noticed the last several nights that my 5550 turns itself on at midnight now. I thought MS fixed this? It may be just since I applied the Pocket Backup patch for the startup errors, also.

I don't think anything is broken. AFAIK, all Pocket PC devices will always turn on at Midnight to set the next days Calendar entries, Tasks, etc...

Steve

Paula
08-23-2003, 09:43 AM
How long should they stay on for?

Paula

petvas
08-23-2003, 12:01 PM
I haven't noticed any issues... My iPaq 5555 simply doesn't do that. Of course mostly my iPaq is in use around midnight so I wouldn't notice
:lol:
If your iPaq wakes up at midnight then it should go to standby mode after a couple of minutes. In fact it will go to sleep according to the period you specified in the Power applet in Control Panel...

ctmagnus
08-23-2003, 05:25 PM
ah, I guess I just didn't notice it waking up before is all. I started scheduling Pocket Backup to do a backup at 11:45 PM and I've been around it at that time since then to make sure it runs.

My iPaq 5555 simply doesn't do that.

Mine didn't at first, but now it does. :confused totally:

If your iPaq wakes up at midnight then it should go to standby mode after a couple of minutes. In fact it will go to sleep according to the period you specified in the Power applet in Control Panel...

Fortunately, it does, But I thought they were supposed to turn themselves off again as soon as they had updated themselves, rather than using the control panel settings. At least, that's what my 3670 (usually) did. Now it doesn't turn itself on at midnight period. :wink: Must be because I completely wiped the appointments and tasks databases clean.

Thanks, all, for the help. I just hadn't noticed it happening with my 5550 before. But I had noticed that my 3670 was doing it (as I knew it should) but then hadn't done so in a while.