View Full Version : Looking for an Atlas for my PDA

Martin I Pettinger
08-22-2003, 11:49 AM
-
Hi

I may be working in Eastern Europe soon. I live in Scotland and my knowledge of Eastern Europe Geography is very poor. Doesn't help that they keep breaking into bits and renaming - Yugoslavia is now about 5 countries I think. Anyway is there any good atlas's for the PDA - preferably free. I thought I saw some free GIS software sometime ago.

Martin

qmrq
08-23-2003, 12:15 AM
MapPoint is, in my opinion, one of the few things that MS has really gotten right the last few years.. it's very nice. Pricey too.. $250-500 (?) I'm not sure exactly what it costs.

Anyhoo, if it's worth it for you.. check out the Europe edition. There's also "Streets and Trips" or something like that that's geared more towards end users and is considerably less expensive. You can easily export maps from MapPoint to Pocket Streets for mobile viewing. Not sure about it's companion application, though it might support this.

Taha
08-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Hello Martin

Try taking a look at PocketWorldInfo. There was a brief review in the Sept issue of PocketPC magazine (pg 52). The publisher is Blue Point Studio:

http://www.bluepointstudio.com

As well as being an Atlas it also contains info on the currency, languages spoken, embassy phone numbers etc.

Hope this helps,
Taha