View Full Version : 2210 + GSM CF card + BT headset = is it possible?

noskill
08-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi,

if I'll get a 2210 + GSM CF card (and put my sim card in it) + bluetooth headset, will I be able to use iPaq as mobile? What kind of software will I need? Does anyone tried this? What's your opinion?

Provided that we have GPRS here, will I be able to use it too?

Oliver T
08-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Simple answer: no. All gsm cf cards I have seen so far require a headset to be connected directly to the card. I guess you were thinking of pairing the BT headset with your ipaq and then somehow connect to the gsm cf ? Would be nice if that was possible one day [dreaming on ...]. What you could do is to get one of those BT headsets that actually come with a transmitter part. Plug the transmitter in your gsm cf and use the bt headset just for the gsm phone. Not the most aesthetic solution though ;-)

Ciao,

Oliver

noskill
08-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Err... Haven't got this, sorry :oops:

I supposed to make it work like that:

1) put GSM/GPRS card into CF. This way we're able to surf net via GPRS and dial out numbers

2) add BT headset. Now we can hear our interlocutor.

You're saying this won't work... But why?

Oliver T
08-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Because there is no software that would take the voice-data from the gsm card and transfer it into something that you could send out via bluetooth. As I mentioned already, if you connect a BT headset directly to the gsm card it will work. The BT headset that connects to your Pocket PC will only be used as a microphone and speaker replacement for voicenotes or playback of other music-files (and even then the BT headset-profile is limited to 8kHz which is really bad quality).

Oliver

noskill
08-25-2003, 04:24 PM
So that's matter of software limitation... Then it's possible to do that by writing it, right? We might see such type of software soon. Right?

Or that's matter of hardware limitation, like ARM CPU can't cope with real-time audio capture and converting?

But I'll be able to send/get SMS, and use GPRS, right?

Oliver T
08-25-2003, 04:31 PM
As far as I know the voice-data on the gsm card canīt be accessed. So it appears to be a hardware limitation.
Yes, you can still send and receive sms and connect to the internet via gprs.

Oliver