View Full Version : keyboards - bluetooth or laser?

cdbeckman
08-21-2003, 08:13 PM
So when are those laser keyboards due? The ones projecting a red keyboard and then tracked your hands.

oh, and wouldn't it be logical to make a stowaway style keyboard bluetooth? Real wireless! none of that stupid ir crap.

as well, I really hate those half folding keyboards... I have (and am on right now) a toshiba e755, and thats all that is offered. common, targus!

-chris

dean_shan
08-21-2003, 08:16 PM
oh, and wouldn't it be logical to make a stowaway style keyboard bluetooth? Real wireless! none of that stupid ir crap.

Yeah that'd be sweet.

jkendrick
08-21-2003, 08:45 PM
So when are those laser keyboards due? The ones projecting a red keyboard and then tracked your hands.

as well, I really hate those half folding keyboards... I have (and am on right now) a toshiba e755, and thats all that is offered. common, targus!

-chris

I use the VIK (Virtually Indestructible Keyboard) USB version with the expansion pack on my e755. Works great-

http://www.bostonpocketpc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=123

cdbeckman
08-21-2003, 08:53 PM
ooooo... nice solution. my expansion pack is already in the mail... I might very well do that. I swore I would hold out for the laser keyboards, but that is a nice solution. Thank you. I would still love to hear any comments or updates on the laser keyboards or bluetooth keyboards, just because I'm a nice person like that, and because I still haven't made my purchasing decision. You'd swear I was picking out a house or something, lol

-Chris

jkendrick
08-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Over the years I think I've tried every form of keyboard there is and it always came down to the size & spacing of the keys for me (even more than the wires). The VIK was the only thing I could find in a full size keyboard and still be fully mobile. Had I gotten the larger one instead of the Mini KB (I now wish I had) then I could even use it with my laptop when I need a keypad.

dean_shan
08-21-2003, 11:37 PM
I use the VIK (Virtually Indestructible Keyboard) USB version with the expansion pack on my e755. Works great-

Same here. Did you get the full or mini keyboard?

cdbeckman
08-22-2003, 12:01 AM
how long is the cord? and which size do all of you think I should get?

-chris

jkendrick
08-22-2003, 12:18 AM

Same here. Did you get the full or mini keyboard?

Mini and wish I hadn't because I miss the keypad.

jkendrick
08-22-2003, 12:22 AM
how long is the cord? and which size do all of you think I should get?

-chris

I have never measured it but it's pretty long. I think the full keyboard will roll up better than the mini which would actually make it easier to transport. You could even use it to wrap your PPC up in it and secure it with the cable.

Of course, you'd look awfully geeky! :D

cdbeckman
08-22-2003, 02:38 AM
now come come... geeky... psh I much prefer the term "techno stud"

-Chris