View Full Version : Dead pixels on your PPC display?

famousdavis
08-21-2003, 06:48 PM
I dropped my PPC onto the floor at 2am while reclining on my couch (after dozing off reading an eBook around midnight). I had roused myself from my slumber enough to attempt to move my iPAQ 1910 from my stomach to the endtable behind my head. As I attempted the manuveur, I managed to only rest half of the 1910 on the endtable, and my PPC went clattering to the floor.

That awakened me enough to fall to my knees, retrieve my PPC between the endtable and the living room loveseat, and turn on my unit to inspect for any permanent damage.

As I did so, I noticed something I hadn't seen before -- a dead pixel on the upper lefthand corner of the screen. No, as I looked more closely, it looked like two dead pixels. I hadn't noticed dead pixels before, but I am also not that particular about my screen display (which is why I tote my 1910 in my pants pocket without a leather case). I rubbed the corner a time or two, hoping it was dust. No luck, the black dots on my white screen "flashlight" program were still there.

In the morning, I awoke and -- this is the sad part, that I'm this enamored with the PPC platform -- my first thought was, "I hope I don't really have dead pixel on my PPC!" ;-)

Well, my hope turned into a wish which turned out to be true; the dead pixels weren't there at all! What I discovered was a tiny blip of something on or underneath my screen's protective cover. Maybe it's a tiny air bubble caught beneath the plastic film. Maybe it's a dint on the screen's cover. Whatever it is, it turned out not to be a dead pixel afterall.

That got me curious: Are dead pixels on a PPC a real rarity?

petvas
08-22-2003, 01:43 AM
Yep they are. I had a Loox with a dead pixel just in the middle of the screen... Very annoying...

nice_micael
08-22-2003, 01:58 PM
I must be lucky but none of my devices have ever had a dead pixel.

Hyperluminal
08-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, yeah, my 2215 does have a dead pixel. It's around the middle, but I luckily I don't notice it too often...