View Full Version : OmegaOne BatteryPack2003 v5.1 plus other "WM2003 supported apps"

wallisj
08-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi

Anyone else installed the new version of BatteryPack2003 (5.1) onto a 22xx ipaq?

I have just done so and within 30 minutes uninstalled it again....its caused so many problems....

It kept freezing up, when it was working it was doing so very slowly....i originally got it from ipaqchoice on slightly lower version 5.03 and didnt really like it from the word go with regards to its affect on the system, thinking this "major" new version would be a marked improvement i eagerly downloaded it.....

I am beginning to slightly despair at the seemingly low quality of support for WM20034PPC support....i guess it could be a mix of the OS and new apps support for it so far....but ever new app i install now i take a complete backup of the system and prey it doesn't screw it up...

Batterypack2003, PocketPlus, GPRSMonitor etc are all nice apps on the surface but seem to cause problems with interaction....so far out of the dozen or so apps...i feel i can only rely on about 60% to not cause problems. Latest one was the quality of playback from PocketMedia pack...the OGG playback has a lot of background noise seeming to come from the system processing. In Windows Media player playing the same file in WMA format produces much better sound quality plus silence.

Fingers crossed for a new more stable patched OS and continued developments in the support of this from apps writers.

Rant over

Jamie

txcas
08-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi

Anyone else installed the new version of BatteryPack2003 (5.1) onto a 22xx ipaq?

I have just done so and within 30 minutes uninstalled it again....its caused so many problems....

It kept freezing up...

I have WM2003 on my Ipaq 3970 and also installed Battery Pack 5.1 and Journal Bar 1.4. My unit freezes up very frequently so I think there is definitely a problem with Battery Pack 5.1.

absolutVenky
08-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the warning! I'm still on 5.0.6 and I just saw the release notes of 5.1: quite a few changes and I'm not surprised at all the issues coming up. This is not the first time that Omega One has released software that has numerous issues - seems like they don't test it sufficiently.

FYI check the progress on a bug-fix release on the Battery Pack Forum (http://www.wormholecreations.com.au/megabbs/forum-view.asp?forumid=4). Having suffered previously with both Battery Pack and Journal Bar I'm going to sit this one out until they come out with a fix.

wallisj
08-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that link.....definitely seems like 5.1 is bug ridden....really gets me when companies release half tested software which we pay good money for. :bad-words:

Takes the shine off getting new apps and games when they screw up everything else on the machine.

Andy Whiteford
08-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Just for the record, I'm running BP 5.1 on an h1940 and the only issue I have is using the close button (under Power Adjust) to close Calendar. It locks up then but from what I gather, this happens with other task managers too and is related to the WM2003 calendar. Every other app closes fine. Performance has been fine for me so I would recommend going through all your installed apps with a fine tooth comb. I haven't put the new version of Journal bar back on so can't verify the stability of that app.

txcas
08-24-2003, 03:22 AM
I got an Ipaq h2215 yesterday and so far Battery Pack is working fine with no lock ups. It only locks up when I close the calendar as reported above.

CESkins
08-24-2003, 01:50 PM
...the only issue I have is using the close button (under Power Adjust) to close Calendar. It locks up then but from what I gather, this happens with other task managers too and is related to the WM2003 calendar...
I am using GigaTask (http://www.gigatask.com) as my task manager and it does not cause any lockups when closing the WM2003 Calendar app.

Andy Whiteford
08-24-2003, 06:20 PM
...the only issue I have is using the close button (under Power Adjust) to close Calendar. It locks up then but from what I gather, this happens with other task managers too and is related to the WM2003 calendar...
I am using GigaTask (http://www.gigatask.com) as my task manager and it does not cause any lockups when closing the WM2003 Calendar app.

Good to hear something is working with Calendar. It appears something has changed with this app in WM2003 as I have read that other task managers have an issue with it. Hopefully Battery Pack will be updated to correct this. the task managers must manage this app differently.