View Full Version : OneNote PPC version?

jkendrick
08-21-2003, 03:14 AM
I am an independent consultant and have come to depend on MS OneNote tremendously in my daily work. The beauty of OneNote for me is the simple yet powerful ways it lets me organize my notes.

I would LOVE to have the PPC equivalent. This should be able to natively sync and access my desktop notes on the PPC side. It doesn't need to match OneNote in functionality but instead to simply allow viewing of the existing note database and enter notes on the PPC. It could even just offer a simple quick note function and let you organize and file it on the desktop side.

Does anybody else use OneNote and would you find a PPC app like I'm describing useful?

Stephen Beesley
08-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Wow - never even heard of this software before now, but after having a quick look at the MS OneNote website I am pretty impressed (even allowing for the MS hard sell :D ).

I for one would love to see something like this on the PPC. As a researcher it would be great to be able to keep seperate notebook sections for each paper or project I am working on.

Goldtee

PS - hmmmm liked the look of the tablet PCs used in some of the user profiles on the MS site as well.

jkendrick
08-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I had never imagined how much easier it would make my constant note collecting every day. When I first ran into OneNote a few months back I thought it would have limited use for me since I don't use a tabletpc but I was wrong. For me the strength of the program is the organizational methods it brings to keep my notes easy to find. And of course the find function is superb too. I write a lot of reports and reviews and it makes it so simple to drag image files right into the one note page I'm working in.

I really need a PPC equivalent to access these notes.

petvas
08-22-2003, 11:58 PM
One Note is a great program and I would use it a lot if there was a PPC version..
I have sent a request to the Product Team about it...
Of course I wouldn't expect anything real soon.. Who knows, maybe in the next months... :wink:

jkendrick
08-28-2003, 05:14 AM
One Note is a great program and I would use it a lot if there was a PPC version..
I have sent a request to the Product Team about it...
Of course I wouldn't expect anything real soon.. Who knows, maybe in the next months... :wink:

I don't see why an independent s/w developer couldn't work this up. Since OneNote stores the notes in .one files it can't be that hard to read them in. I'm not asking for full capability on the PPC side- just the ability to access and read all my desktop notes and add quick notes on the PPC that can be properly filed on the desktop side.

petvas
08-28-2003, 05:38 PM
I guess that if everybody here starts asking about it, someone will understand and create a PPC version... :wink: