View Full Version : HELP Installing PocketPlus and Pocket Informant!!!!

tato68
08-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Folks,

I got a weird problem. No matter what I do when I tried to install Pocket Plus and Pocket Infromant .. they always install in the SD Card!!! 8O If I eject my SD Card BOTH PPlus and PI will create a directory called "SD Card"!!! :roll:

Is this normal? I would like to run bot those apps from the Main Memory. Ami Doing something wrong? I spoecified in ActiveSync to load into "Main Memory".

Any suggestions??

tato68

ctmagnus
08-21-2003, 03:56 AM
Have you perchance been fiddling in the registry at all?

Programs should install to main memory by default (as you already know) so if they're installing to the SD card by defalut without any intervention from the user (ie, you) I'm thinking something is Yakko, Wakko or Dot.

tato68
08-21-2003, 04:24 AM
no, i haven't played with the registry.

this is very Much wakko!

ctmagnus
08-21-2003, 04:44 AM
How are you installing?

Running the exes on the desktop and letting ActiveSync handle it or copying the cab files over to the device and executing them there?

tato68
08-22-2003, 01:31 AM
How are you installing?

Running the exes on the desktop and letting ActiveSync handle it or copying the cab files over to the device and executing them there?

I'm installing from .exe in ActiveSync. I'll try installing the cabs. I know I can do Informant but not sure about POcketPlus. I should be aable to find the cab files in the PC right?

Thanks fro your suggestions!!

tato68

ctmagnus
08-22-2003, 02:03 AM
I'm installing from .exe in ActiveSync. I'll try installing the cabs. I know I can do Informant but not sure about POcketPlus. I should be aable to find the cab files in the PC right?

For Poclet Plus, do a search for pocketplus.arm.cab. It should be somewhere in your Program Files folder.

Pocket Informant is PocketInformant.ARM.CAB. It should be in C:\Program Files\PocketInformant4.

tato68
08-22-2003, 03:22 AM

For Poclet Plus, do a search for pocketplus.arm.cab. It should be somewhere in your Program Files folder.

Pocket Informant is PocketInformant.ARM.CAB. It should be in C:\Program Files\PocketInformant4.

Thanks!! I installed from CAB in PPC. Now they are happily in my Main memory. Just a note... I noticed that when this was hapenning I had a "Network" directory acting as a "SD or CF Card". I even had the option of loading a program there 8O

After uninstalling PPlus and PI and reinstalling CAB it went away :!:

Thanks fro your help!!!

tato68

Chris Spera
08-22-2003, 03:49 AM
My guess is that at one time you had both of these installed to your SD Card and then uninstalled them and tried reinstalling them to a different directory.

For some reason, and I'm not sure why, Pocket PC remembers the directory you used to install every application; and will reinstall the app to that location despite you wanting to change locations.

If you want to change application locations, the best and only way I know of doing this is to delete the Partnership with your device, and then recreate it. Once you do that, your installation locations should be reset.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera