View Full Version : Where do you wear your pocketpc?

cdbeckman
08-21-2003, 12:31 AM
I just got my covertec case, and it's really nice... but the included clip brought up a question. Where do YOU wear your pocketpc? lol

-Chris

GoldKey
08-21-2003, 12:56 AM
When I wear it, it is on the belt. Mostly though, I keep it in my bag.

dean_shan
08-21-2003, 01:42 AM
I keep in my pocket most of the time. Sometimes I put it on a belt clip.

cdbeckman
08-21-2003, 03:33 AM
I'm trying both now... Sorta depends on the pants. I'm so used to the pants pocket tho... Amazed it doesn't get more battered then it does. At the law office where I work they swear by the shirt pocket method. Silly grownups

-Chris

ctmagnus
08-21-2003, 03:50 AM
I generally wear it in a Piel Frama case, clipped to my pants pocket. So I voted for option #5.

BTS
08-21-2003, 03:50 AM
In my pocket but on my belt clip when I'm teaching (quick access!).

disconnected
08-21-2003, 03:53 AM
Is this a male only poll? :D

I keep it in my purse (currently in a red Covertec case).

Jeff Rutledge
08-21-2003, 04:22 AM
Mine was always on my belt until I got my Blackberry. After that, my iPAQ got demoted to jacket pocket or laptop bag. Then again, it's almost always in the cradle during the day.

karen
08-21-2003, 04:25 AM
Is this a male only poll? :D

I keep it in my purse (currently in a red Covertec case).

Exactly!

But I thought one of the choices would be "Next to my heart"...

K

tato68
08-21-2003, 04:27 AM
in my gadget bag. no, it's not a purse!! :wink:

jimski
08-21-2003, 06:14 AM
Always in my shirt pocket. The 5450 is bulky (boy does that 2215 look nice) but it is always ready to go when I need it.

hollis_f
08-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Other -
Jacket pocket, briefcase or gadget bag (mine's not a handbag either)

Abba Zabba
08-21-2003, 07:35 AM
I usually always have it in my hands. But sometimes I have it in my back pocket 8O

Stephen Beesley
08-21-2003, 08:35 AM
On the rare occassions that I am not actually using my Jornada it is pretty much always in my pants pocket. However, that may soon have to change as I just ordered a Kusell case for the Jornada (never seen the need for a PDA case before, but it was such a good price that I couldn't resist :D ) which may make it to bulky for my pocket. If so then I guess it will spend more time in the front pocket of my Crumpler courier bag than it does at the moment!

Goldtee

rhmorrison
08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
It used to be in my pocket but since a fellow Pocket PC Thoughts reader sent me his old Vaja case for the Jornada 568 that he no longer had I wear it on my belt when not using it.

Weyoun6
08-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Yah, I finally switched to a "messenger bag" (read: purse, but since I'm a guy...). Got too much other stuff to carry. I do keep my PPC in a case to prevent it from getting scratched up, plus its about to fall apart and the case is all that is keeping it together.

Stephen Beesley
08-21-2003, 08:58 AM
It used to be in my pocket but since a fellow Pocket PC Thoughts reader sent me his old Vaja case for the Jornada 568 that he no longer had I wear it on my belt when not using it.

I have never really been one for wearing stuff on my belt (always worried I will knock into something or fall over and land on it!), but the Kusell case comes with a belt clip so who knows I might give it a go.

Thinking about it though, I used carry my Newton Mp2k in my pocket so even with a case I am guessing that my Jornada will still fit!

Goldtee

nice_micael
08-21-2003, 09:15 AM
In my pants pocket or jacket pocket do i were my ipaq.

maximus
08-21-2003, 09:27 AM
On daily basis, mine is on belt clip.
When travelling, it is inside a gadget bag with my other gadgets.

I generally wear it in a Piel Frama case, clipped to my pants pocket. So I voted for option #5.

Clipped to your pants ? Are you just happy to see me ? :p

wocket
08-21-2003, 09:31 AM
In my Trouser pocket (pants in this country are worn on the inside of your trousers :wink: ).

One problem is though sometimes the SD card ejects when you are getting it in your pocket. Time to get a decent case.

rhmorrison
08-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Thinking about it though, I used carry my Newton Mp2k in my pocket so even with a case I am guessing that my Jornada will still fit!
WOW - - - You must have HUGE pockets! :rock on dude!:

Stephen Beesley
08-21-2003, 10:46 AM
WOW - - - You must have HUGE pockets! :rock on dude!:

Not sure what to say to that.... :oops:

The Newton certainly wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket but I could generally squeeze it into the pocket of suit pants.

Goldtee

Anthony Caruana
08-21-2003, 11:49 AM
I just got one of the new leather Proporta flie cases. I keep it either in the inside pocket of my suit coat or in my trouser/jeans pocket.

The case is reat sweet! looks nice and protects the device well and was a great price.

gai-jin
08-21-2003, 12:09 PM
I generally keep mine in my pants pocket or on my desk. I wear khaki or jean pants and a t or polo shirt, so rarely have a shirt pocket available.

The case I use, the HP leather case, is really a bit too bulky. However, it's the only case I could find at my local best buy that I liked. (Got to have one with credit card/id slots so I don't have to carry a wallet as well.)

Steve

Pony99CA
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Where were you people when I did this same poll (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6804) in January? Mine didn't differentiate between pants and shirt pockets, but it didn't exclude women with purses and men with cases. :-D

I carry mine using a belt holster.

Steve

Don't Panic!
08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
On the belt. I've had a chance to use the Piel Frama belt clip, the Vaja/Iproducts belt clip and Handheldplanet's belt clip. The Vaja/iProducts clip is the safest as far as accidental uncliping goes.

Vaja/iProducts use the Ultra Clip (http://www.theclip.com/mall/ultraclip.asp) which has a more recessed release button. Piel Frama's clip is very similar to the Swivel Clip (http://www.theclip.com/mall/swivclip.asp), while they both allow for 360 degree rotation without releasing the higher release tab presents a danger especially to the heavier folks among us of accidental release while sitting. Handheldplanet's clip is the Duro~Clip (http://www.theclip.com/mall/swivclip.asp) (scroll down). This clip is nice and small but frankly I feel it keeps your device to close to your body. I've had two of these snap off at the post leaving the post in the clip and my device on the floor or in a chair.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

ctmagnus
08-21-2003, 10:18 PM
(pants in this country are worn on the inside of your trousers :wink: ).

And here, knickers are something you wear while cross-country skiing to keep the snow from going up your pants legs. :mrgreen:

ctmagnus
08-21-2003, 10:25 PM
I may start carrying it in my new windshirt (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=152905), but that's yet to be seen.

:rock on dude!:

Autarch
08-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Front pants pocket only, no case, but with a screen protector. I try not to put anything else (e.g, keys or coins) in that pocket. Hopefully the rumored HP flip cover for the 2200 will be available soon.

ale2999
08-22-2003, 02:49 AM
my pocket or fanny pack (I dont know If I spelt it right) :)

hollis_f
08-22-2003, 07:27 AM
my pocket or fanny pack (I dont know If I spelt it right) :)Here a fanny is a --------------Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and a fanny pack is a bum bag!

blusparkles
08-22-2003, 07:46 AM
There's no way my iPAQ 2210 + Piel Frama case would be able to fit into any of my pants pockets and would probably make an unsightly bulge in any of my jackets. Basically I toss my iPAQ into my handbag whenever I go out, taking care to put my house/car keys into a separate pocket (I don't like scratches on the leather case either).

PR.
08-22-2003, 12:14 PM
I used to keep my ipaq 36xx in my shirt pocket but after leaning over peoples machines refitting their 'broken' mouse it kept falling out :(

I then got a Mountain climbing pouch that velcro attached to my belt, but it was a little big and was no good for protection when not wearing a belt.

When I got my 5450 the antenna made the old pouch not quiet tall enough :( So I splashed out on a Vaja case with belt clip, its much nicer and much more discrete than the old pouch. Then when I got my PPCThoughts voucher I bought a Vaja leather case for my T68i which also has a belt clip 8) so now I can swap arround depending on what I need most.

Kati Compton
08-22-2003, 05:51 PM
There's no way my iPAQ 2210 + Piel Frama case would be able to fit into any of my pants pockets
A lot of that has to do with women's pockets being smaller than men's (not just because the pants are usually smaller, they're actually built differently). Plus women tend to wear tighter jeans. Plus big bulges in pockets on women looks really weird.

cdbeckman
08-22-2003, 10:56 PM
Ok, I've converted! i used to wear mine in my pocket, but since I've gotten my wonderful Covertec case with it's belt clip, my baby has stayed there happily

-Chris

ekconrad
08-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm in the Navy, so having something attached to your uniform is not authorized. And I don't dare put in the pockets of my uniform (that's how I destroyed my last PPC). I bought a nice leather case that doubles as a wallet. I have to carry it around when I'm at work, but at home or out and about, I usually wear cargo pants so I can put it in one of the big floppy side pockets where it won't get crushed or banged.

PetiteFlower
08-23-2003, 07:56 PM
*shrug* I don't have a problem fitting my Axim in my back jeans pocket. I put my cell phone in the other pocket :)