View Full Version : Gee Toshiba's new trade in program is so cool :roll:

Macguy59
08-20-2003, 12:45 AM
A whopping $64 for an e740 IF it is in excellent condition. iPaq 38xx series will fetch a handsome $42. Toshiba obviously just doesn't get it. Toshiba owners . . . I feel your pain :cry:

portus
08-20-2003, 01:37 AM
A whopping $64 for an e740 IF it is in excellent condition. iPaq 38xx series will fetch a handsome $42. Toshiba obviously just doesn't get it. Toshiba owners . . . I feel your pain :cry:

LOL! $64 isn't even enough for a nice Vaja case ...

jkendrick
08-20-2003, 02:20 AM
I've not had direct experience with it but do other vendors offer trade ins? I have never heard anyone mention a trade in policy for any other vendor.

Macguy59
08-20-2003, 02:37 AM
I've not had direct experience with it but do other vendors offer trade ins? I have never heard anyone mention a trade in policy for any other vendor.

Does it really matter? They are offering pennies for something that would easily fetch hundreds on ebay. I mean if you had purchased the 740 10 months ago for $499 would you be all giddy over Toshiba offering you $64 for it? (And only IF it's in excellent condition)

WyattEarp
08-20-2003, 05:13 AM
That's why I stay away from trade-ins. It's never worth it. You'd get more money if you sold it on the street.

jkendrick
08-20-2003, 05:27 AM
I purchased the e740 12 months ago for $599 and sold it when I got the e755. It's ridiculous to expect any manufacturer to offer you street prices as a trade-in. The average user will use a PDA for 12 - 18 months and then upgrade to something so I was just responding to the ridicule that a manufacturer would dare offer a fraction of the street price as a trade-in.

Macguy59
08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I purchased the e740 12 months ago for $599 and sold it when I got the e755. It's ridiculous to expect any manufacturer to offer you street prices as a trade-in. The average user will use a PDA for 12 - 18 months and then upgrade to something so I was just responding to the ridicule that a manufacturer would dare offer a fraction of the street price as a trade-in.

Oh I think it's pretty clear that nobody expects Toshiba to do anything for it's customers :wink:

jkendrick
08-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh I think it's pretty clear that nobody expects Toshiba to do anything for it's customers :wink:

Not to start a flame war or anything but as the owner of my second Toshiba PPC I've never had anything but good customer service from them. The flames against Toshiba started with the announcement they wouldn't offer the WM2003 upgrade for the e740 and while that didn't make me happy as a then e740 owner it didn't stop me from getting an e755. The few times I've needed customer support from Toshiba they handled it promptly and accurately and always solved my problem.

When they had the recall of the original 740 they handled it quickly and fixed everybody's unit right away. The current recall for the extended battery was handled with a quick phone call to Toshiba notifying them I had an affected battery (which I'd owned for a year with no problems) and they FedExed me a new extended battery and told me (and everybody else) to keep the old battery.

I can only speak of my personal experience with Toshiba customer support and it's been exemplary for me. :)

Kati Compton
08-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Not to start a flame war or anything but as the owner of my second Toshiba PPC I've never had anything but good customer service from them. The flames against Toshiba started with the announcement they wouldn't offer the WM2003 upgrade for the e740 and while that didn't make me happy as a then e740 owner it didn't stop me from getting an e755. The few times I've needed customer support from Toshiba they handled it promptly and accurately and always solved my problem.
Actually, the flames started earlier. A number of people had problems with Toshiba when their devices were faulty, and Toshiba was very slow to provide OS EUU's.

WyattEarp
08-24-2003, 02:29 AM
It just goes to show that with any company everyone is going to have different experiences with the same company. And that some people with bad experiences won't tell you the entire story either. My point is that no matter what other people say you should go by your own experience unless things are just really bad and you just got lucky.

Gremmie
08-29-2003, 11:11 PM
:bangin:
No one else offers this and this isn't just for PDA's, nor is it Toshiba who actually runs this. Also, this obviously isn't for consumers, this is a quick and easy way for corporations to liquidate cash out of assets that might not be used anymore.

awkuan
08-31-2003, 04:51 AM
Very true... I have a E755 with high-capacity battery, and I'm one of the lucky ones to experience awesome customer support from Toshiba. There was a recall for high-capacity batteries about a month ago, and all I had to do was call the hotline and a new battery was shipped to me in 2 days! I've also called the tech support a few times to ask questions, and i've never waited longer than a minute and the techinicians are very helpful & friendly. Again, everyone have different experiences but mine turned out to be good.