View Full Version : What device for CFO???

burtman007
08-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Our CFO has decided it's time to get rid of the Palm Vx sitting on his desk and move into the 21st Century. Here's his requirements, what do you think???

1. He's going to be using it for Contacts and Calendar entries (that's what he knows works, coming from the Palm environment).

2. He likes the Pocket Word / Pocket Excel capabilities of a PPC.

3. Down the road, we might want to introduce him to a CF WLAN card so he can pull info while in a board meeting.

I've got an e740 ( :twisted: ), and love it. I don't know if all those bells and whistles are going to be necessary and/or worth it for him. Is there a good "starter" PPC that is still expandible in it's own right??

Jason Dunn
08-19-2003, 08:31 PM
iPAQ 2215

You get the small size, dual slots, built-in Bluetooth, it's fast, and not too expensive. :-)

BTS
08-20-2003, 02:45 AM
The 2215 is a great option because of its size. I found the Toshiba e750 is a great deal as well. By the time you buy the 2210 and the Wi-Fi card you are almost in the same price range. You also give him a larger screen for spreadsheet usage (even though it's not that much smaller I had a hard time from going from my Casio EM500 to a smaller screen - Toshiba is like an original PPC).

He's a CFO - he can afford it! :wink:

Brad Adrian
08-20-2003, 04:28 AM
And don't forget to help him pick out a nice leather case for the 2215. That's the kind of thing that no executive should be without.

David Prahl
08-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Although I'm normally an Axim stalwart, I have to agree with them.

Altough the Axim is cheaper ($290 right now, I think) it IS bigger. Maybe TOO big for a former Palm-V user. :oops:

If they need the smallest device that has a CF card, you'd be best off getting the h2215. If you want to save some money and get a bigger device, get the Dell Axim X5.

Tungsten
08-27-2003, 07:56 PM
1. He's going to be using it for Contacts and Calendar entries (that's what he knows works, coming from the Palm environment).
Since he's already used to PalmOS, then he shouldn't switch.

2. He likes the Pocket Word / Pocket Excel capabilities of a PPC.M$ has neglected to update the PPC's for over three years. Go with the bundled Documents-to-Go on a Palm, instead. TextMaker is coming to Palm, soon.

3. Down the road, we might want to introduce him to a CF WLAN card so he can pull info while in a board meeting.
WiFi is built-in the Tungsten|C and UX50.

Prevost
08-28-2003, 03:04 AM
TextMaker is coming to Palm, soon.Really? How did you get to know that???

BTW, I agree with you in your suggestion.

dean_shan
08-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Get the e750.