View Full Version : Tosh e740 and Tom Tom US

beckp
08-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know of any issues installing the new Tom Tom US GPS software to a Toshiba e740? I'm getting a CF GPS and would like to get the Tom Tom software to install to the SD memory card. Just seeing if there are any pitfalls. I the other forumns some are having issues with some HP PPC's.

ryanmjones
08-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I have the Tom Tom software on my iPAQ 5455, and I have had no problems. I really like the program (after I got it set up right) it is very easy to costomize the view, menus are great to navigate through. I originally wanted text to speach for next road name ect, but the voice prompts are great. Good luck.

mashtim
08-20-2003, 07:08 AM
I was one of the Beta testers and I had no problems at all with the 740. I didn't really use their GPS hardware much, though, as I preferred the Socket CF BT to Socket BT GPS solution (it can go anywhere I want it to besides the car as long as the batteries hold out). I also have mostly used it when it was installed to the SD card.

It was when I went to the 750 with PPC2K3 that I had some problems installing it, but I think that had more to do with their registration server's protocols than the fact that it was PPC2K3.

The only PPC2K3 bug that I have seen is that when you enter your reg codes, the cursor goes arabic/hebrew style (right to left) but that is easily fixed by simply entering the code backwards, so I can live with doing it once.