View Full Version : Anyone ever wonder that...

Skoobouy
08-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Right when Windows Mobile came out, all the hoo-ha about increasing resolution stopped in its tracks?

The sweaty unwashed masses (and I'm sweatier than most) all grabbed their iPaq 2210's and were like, HIGH SPEED! R0X0rss!!!111! Honestly, in my opinion, no-wait PIMs and omnipotent gaming possibilities shut everybody up about VGA screens faster than you can say "Windows Mobile two-thousan.. 8O " I have't even heard Foo Fighter complain.

So now that all is well (?) in Pocket PC paradise (sure to be the next enthusiast Website, I'm sure) what will happen when the clamor for high res comes back?

Or maybe the question is better asked, what will the more woolly of us do when the first Pocket PC running WM2k4 hits the media, sporting a 320x240 screen?

Anybody see "28 Days Later" yet? :rawr: :twisted:

Janak Parekh
08-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Umm, I think it's more that "we know hi-res is not coming in this generation", not that we don't want it. We've continued to talk about it when comparing to, say, the NEXiOs and the SL-C700s of the world. ;)

--janak

Dave Beauvais
08-19-2003, 05:16 AM
I can kinda see where you're coming from. I think everyone just resigned themselves to the fact that we're stuck with 240x320 for at least another generation, and there's nothing we can do about it. Hopefully Microsoft will allow the OEMs to expore new options and ideas for the next generation of Pocket PC.

--Dave

maximus
08-19-2003, 07:34 AM
240x320 fits me perfectly. If I want a bigger screen, I go to my desktop monitor. I certainly do not want a PPC that is 1024x768, but drains battery like crazy. Yes, resolution does have effect on battery consumption.