View Full Version : The new MS Reader does not play nice with the V35

alan williams
08-17-2003, 07:35 PM
I was excited, got a bunch of new free .lit files to read over the summer, upload the new Reader to get started...all good.

Then I open some of the new books.

*crash*

Ok, no biggie...happens sometimes. Technology being grand and all.

Open it again

Reads for a bit, then suddenly it's frozen.

I go through and try it with all the new .lit files...

Same thing. Reader crashes or locks up soon after starting one of the new books.

Tried it on my Phone Edition...works just fine.

Tried them on my brother's Axim...works just fine.

Uninstall and re-install Reader....nada...same thing.

Anyone else experiencing this "fun"?

Excalliber
08-18-2003, 07:27 PM
I got so annoyed with the "free" books and the new reader's issues that I just striped the DRM5 from them. The reader that is bundled with it should work fine afterwords. It feels good to strip the protection off of the books... They are free, anyways, and they refused to read on my ppc :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

None shall be between me and free books! :lol:

boyettdw
08-20-2003, 02:39 AM
How do you strip the "DRM5" protection off of the EBooks? I have been having the same problem with the EBooks on my V37. I am constantly having to do a soft reset after reading books, and it is getting quite annoying.

disconnected
08-20-2003, 04:24 AM
My husband has a V35, and it also freezes up frequently with the new version of reader.

Excalliber
08-21-2003, 01:26 AM
*ahem* convert lit *ahem* :wink:

dh
08-21-2003, 03:49 AM
Convert Lit is indeed the solution to the dumb MS DRM. I won't post the link here but it's easy to find with a Google search.

I use it, along with Mobipocket Publisher (both are free) to convert my .lit books into Mobipocket .prc format.

The reader is great and I can now read my books on any device I might have in the future.

I still buy books in MS Reader format, they just don't stay that way very long.

portnoy
11-29-2003, 04:02 PM
*ahem* convert lit *ahem* :wink:

Yeah, convert lit is great!

SOLD! Now that I own it, what can I do with it?

First thing, that frelling arafat has to GO!