View Full Version : PocketPCTechs Battery upgrade for 3600 series ?

denivan
08-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi all, I have an iPaq 3660 (had it replaced four times under Carepaq warranty) and I'm really fed up with the limited battery capacity. Problem is, I have quite alot of money invested in this thing (BT compact flash, Ethernet compact flash, silver slider, vaja case, keyboard etc...), so I'm not really interested in buying another PocketPC, plus that I feel that I don't need more computing power, the 3660 works just fine for me.

So, my only problem is the feable battery : the PocketPC techs site claims that their upgrade will prolongue battery life by 2 to 3.5 times ! Anybody out here who has done the upgrade on their 36xx series ? I'd like to hear some first hand experience, so I can judge if the upgrade is worth my precious euro's...Another question : how lang is turnaround time ? I need to ship it from Belgium (europe), so any idea on how long I'll be without my ipaq ?

Thanks in advance for reading and answering this post,

Ivan

Small Town Man
08-17-2003, 12:11 PM
This battery upgrade works very good!
I recommend the upgrade with hyperdrive, it wil give you more than two times of working time.
It may be easier for you to contact www.wolfsoft.de in germany to do the upgrade. You would not have to care about duties and shipping may be faster.

denivan
08-17-2003, 12:20 PM
This battery upgrade works very good!
I recommend the upgrade with hyperdrive, it wil give you more than two times of working time.
It may be easier for you to contact www.wolfsoft.de in germany to do the upgrade. You would not have to care about duties and shipping may be faster.

Does wolfsoft.de provide the same upgrade using the Hyperdrive technology, or do they just fit a larger battery ?

Edited : scratch that question, apparantly they do also fit the Hyperdrive, although my German could use a little bit improving ;)

starbot
08-28-2003, 02:14 AM
dunno about hyperdrive, but i replaced the battery on my old 3630 w/ a 2200mah from ebay (71$) and it was fairly easy to do, and definately worth it, lasted about 2.2x as long as orginial- unfortunately it wasnt compatible with my new 3950 :(