View Full Version : 2215 Hard resetting itself?

biggus
08-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Synopsis: Took my 2215 outta cradle (fully charged) and switched it off. A few hours later I tried to switch it on, but it didn't respond. So I soft reset it thinking it was just crashed or something. But no, when the damn thing woke up after the reset, I was greeted with the screen aligning applet. It had hard-reset itself.

Has the same thing happened to anybody else?

snave
08-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I support a site running Dell Axim's and I have had 2 running Pocket PC 2002 do the very same.

My concerns are that it could be some form of virus, as both units experienced the problem at the same time as we had the Blaster Worm virus.

Glyn Evans

ctmagnus
08-16-2003, 09:48 PM
My concerns are that it could be some form of virus, as both units experienced the problem at the same time as we had the Blaster Worm virus.

There are very few virii that a Pocket PC is actually susceptible to.

My opinion in the case of the hard-resets is faulty hardware. If they're still within the store return policy range, I'd take them back and swap them for new ones. Otherwise you may be able to get it covered by manufacturer's warranty.

Rune
08-20-2003, 04:21 AM
Oops! guess a few people are having the same problem-I just posted the same problem and am sending it back to HP

Taha
08-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Hello All

I appear to have this problem or something similar too. Up until recently my 2215 has been working flawlessly and I've had next to zero complaints. I am currently on vacation overseas and I accidentally let my 2215 power down -- the battery was completely drained.

I re-charged it and last week I started to get some really odd behavior. Every day or so, after the full re-charge and re-sync, it will refuse to start. I do a soft-reset but it makes me go through re-setting the owner stuff (a hard re-set I assume?). Today it refused to re-start despite being close to fully charged (yesterday it was 99% charged). Neither a soft or hard re-set will awaken it from its slumber!

Should I be worried? Judging by the posts in this chain I must also have a lemon unit. I have to wait another two weeks before I will be back in the US and can call HP. Bummer! :cry:

Taha