View Full Version : Using a Desktop to see my Ipaq?

makic
08-15-2003, 10:33 PM
This may be a base (read as stupid) question, but I am trying to allow my desktop computer (connected to a Linksys Wireless Router) to see other wifi sources, including my handheld. I would like to be able to create a two-way network between the two, but I don't think that the iPaq (5555) can be set to share its memory.

In any case, I want to see if I can "see" the wireless signals of the handheld from my desktop. Any suggestions?

absolutVenky
08-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Not sure I understand your question. Do you want to be able to control your iPAQ from your desktop PC via WiFi? You can do this with Pocket Controller Pro - your iPAQ can be connected to the PC either via USB (cradle), Bluetooth or WiFi.

papac
08-16-2003, 09:51 PM
I believe I am trying to do something similar. When I use explorer to see the network from my ipaq by WiFi, I am able to see the files (.doc, etc), but unable to open them. A tap or tap and hold does nothing.

Similar to above, how can I use explorer to see my ipaq from a desktop?

Thanks.

papac

Small Town Man
08-16-2003, 10:48 PM
The PPC OS does not provide any services to the network (file or printer sharing etc.). The only thing that works is a ping.
You will need third party software that offers services like FTP or HTTP access.

Kati Compton
08-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Similar to above, how can I use explorer to see my ipaq from a desktop?
Is this the desktop you sync with?

papac
08-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi Kati,

sorry about the late reply...I wasn't notified by email about your reply.

Yes, this is the PC I sync with.

papac

Sven Johannsen
08-23-2003, 01:52 AM
Then you should be able to activate activesync from the PPC and then see it from the PC if the WiFi is running, just like if it were attached via the USB cradle.