View Full Version : Some process consuming ram on PPC

surur
08-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know of any freeware or trialware I can use to view the memory usage of a program or process, kind of like the task manager on XP.

I'm having the strange problem of *something* consuming my program ram while there is *nothing* besides activesync running... very weird. It used ap up to 45Mb memory before I reset it.

Any ideas?

Surur

darrylb
08-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know of any freeware or trialware I can use to view the memory usage of a program or process, kind of like the task manager on XP.

I'm having the strange problem of *something* consuming my program ram while there is *nothing* besides activesync running... very weird. It used ap up to 45Mb memory before I reset it.

Any ideas?

Surur

I believe Pocket Hackmaster will do what you want. It has a process viewer in it that I believe (from memory) has memory information for each thread/process running.

Pat Logsdon
08-16-2003, 12:02 AM
There's also a free program called (appropriately enough) "Where Is My Ram? (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/whereismyramarm.shtml_ target=)" 8)

surur
08-16-2003, 09:25 AM
There's also a free program called (appropriately enough) "Where Is My Ram? (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/whereismyramarm.shtml_ target=)" 8)

Unfortunately thats not quite what I am after. I've got resco, and can find large files etc easily with it. Its my program ram which is being used up, which is why I was wondering about a utility to view ram usage of executing programs.

In any-case, I have a suspect in the form of PocketHotmail 2.2, which I believe is running in the background causing this. Unfortunately I can not prove it..

There is a program called EmProcess which appears to be what I'm looking for, but the trial is useless, and the full version of this utility costs $22.50! Bit too much to justify currently.

Anyone else have any ideas. Thanks for the input.

Surur

davidspalding
08-17-2003, 05:35 PM
I tried a freeware app called iTaskMgr, I think, which seemed to be measuring memory consumption by process. AT least, it was showing increasing memory consumption by two processes on my Casio whch require soft reset every few days.