View Full Version : Ipaq 3670 and Toshiba Card Drive

stikfish
08-15-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm running a Model 3670 with the PC Card Plus Expansion sleeve equipped with a toshiba 5gb hard drive card. If I try to transfer large files (>20mb) to the card via Windows Explorer, the transfer always fails. Is there a setting for transferring large files that I'm missing? I don't believe it's the hard drive because I can transfer large files to the card via a notebook.

Any help or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Chris Spera
08-15-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna take a guess here...

there may be an issue with the way the device (ActiveSync) copies items to your device. I don't know if it has to pass thru the devices main memory or not before it gets transferred to the storage card.

However, since tranferring files of this size takes so much time, you might want to skip the move via AS and take the card off the device and plug it into your notebook.

I have a 2GB Toshiba PC Card, and that's what I do. The process just takes too much time via AS.

Christopher Spera

stikfish
08-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Chris,

That's what I was afraid of. It may truly be that it has to pass thru the main system before going to the add-on hardware...

I didn't know if there was a setting in ActiveSync that could be adjusted for the longer transfer time...perhaps a way to pass information in smaller packets....

Until then, looks like I'm stuck for now....

Thanks for the reply,
Brian