View Full Version : Program Memory

Cornish
08-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I have have my h5550 for 2 weeks now.

I have been installing lots of programs and bits and bobs onto the ppc, I have a 256 strorage card as well which is getting full with work images and Audible books. ( which is the best thing ever, The company is wounderfull.)

My thing is that the program memory most of the time seames to show yellow and about 64% inuse with 71.9 mb free, but it also quite often shouts out that is full even when there are no programs running or open I alway close all running programs, I have even moved the sliderule over more so it lets me have more memory to use for program.

This is very strange to me so if someone could help I would be very gratfull.
Thanks

This is more than likey to be a newbe been silly but thanks

Kati Compton
08-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Keep in mind that using the X button doesn't actually close programs, it only "minimizes" them. If you want to see what is actually running, you can use iTask (I'm assuming that still compes with the ipaq's), or go to Settings -> System tab -> Memory -> Running Programs tab. You can also really close (instead of minimize) stuff from there.

Cornish
08-15-2003, 12:17 AM
when I say I cose the running programs I use the X button then colse it useing the system tab memory to colse all running programs.
I am gratfully for the help. All I want to find out is this norma use of memory.

Cheers

Kati Compton
08-15-2003, 12:19 AM
If you still have a lot of memory in use after closing all programs, it sounds like a program has a memory leak. Do you know what programs you were using before this happened? To narrow it down, I might do a soft reset, then run my programs one at a time for a while. After closing each memory, check if memory-in-use goes back down to where it's supposed to go. If not, that might be the problem program.