View Full Version : No Power in Eastern Canada and NE USA...

Jason Dunn
08-14-2003, 10:04 PM
So it seems that a good portion of the eastern side of Canada and NE part of the US, there's no power! Yikes! I hope everyone does ok and they can get the power back online ASAP...

Anyone know what's going on?

Steven Cedrone
08-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Too many conflicting reports right now. The only thing they seem to agree on is that it is not the work of terrorists...

I did a shout out to Janak, but he may be affected...

Steve

Fzara
08-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Agreed. Apparently the E14th street speculation was not true. Mayor Bloomberg said this was a common thing, according to CNN.

Also, reports, whether true or not, have reported that giant power grids in Buffalo, NY have been overloaded.

I think today we all need to remember how dependant our society is that today, and how we rely on so many things based on eletricity, compared to 200 years ago.

Some important things-STAY OFF THE STREETS. If you talk to anyone, get them off the street.

I've heard people are stuck on the rides of Coney Island, on the Ferris Wheel, and other rides; I wish them well. Also, I really do hope nothing happens to the the underground people in the subways. Subways are all down in NYC, and probably other areas.

I've heard from CNN and CBS News that this is affecting everyone from NYC, all the way to Detroit. Apparently all the eletricity and generators are all automatically shutdown when an overload is detected.