View Full Version : PDA Panache 22xx stylus

carphead
08-13-2003, 12:36 AM
My PDA Panache 22xx stylus was delivered this morning! :)
Never having owned a custom stylus before I wasn't sure what to expect. But I'm really pleased with it. The weight of it of just right. It fits the silio perfectly. It's nice to always have a em with me! As I like to have a spare stylus I thought I's buy a good one.

Along with a set of spsre refils and a non-specific pen/stylus combo it cost me $40 (including shipping to the UK)

Sorry no pictures at the moment. It's only a stylus after all! :)

blusparkles
08-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Yah, I recently received mine too. It's good, though my biggest beef is that the stylus head doesn't fit in the soft reset hole - you need to unscrew the pen portion to do any soft resets.

Excalliber
08-13-2003, 02:33 AM
Yah, I recently received mine too. It's good, though my biggest beef is that the stylus head doesn't fit in the soft reset hole - you need to unscrew the pen portion to do any soft resets.

Paperclip! :lol: (at least, that's what pcworld said, and how can they be wrong? :wink: )

blusparkles
08-13-2003, 02:36 AM
Yes I suppose .. but I don't carry around a paperclip, nor do I really want to. Occasionally I've used the back of an earring but really .. is it too much to ask to be able to do it with the stylus? Especially considering that it's been "custom-made"?

Jeff Rutledge
08-13-2003, 02:51 AM
Can you perform a soft reset with the stock stylus?

blusparkles
08-13-2003, 02:59 AM
Yep

Godsongz
08-13-2003, 04:03 AM
Is Panache the only one making a 2200 stylus so far?

Jeff Rutledge
08-13-2003, 04:23 AM
Yep

That's what I figured. Too bad that they couldn't have found a way to design their stylus without sacrificing existing functionality.

JohnJohn
08-13-2003, 04:41 AM
Paperclip! :lol: (at least, that's what pcworld said, and how can they be wrong? :wink: )

That reminds me of my old PalmPilot days...cut a paperclip down to scotch tape it inside the battery door. ahh the crappy old days. :)

tedkyle
08-13-2003, 08:12 AM
If you're looking for a simpler way to do a soft reset, try the reset applet from PHM Pocket PC PowerToys. It's very handy. Other people have reset tools as well.

Pony99CA
08-13-2003, 09:14 AM
If you're looking for a simpler way to do a soft reset, try the reset applet from PHM Pocket PC PowerToys. It's very handy. Other people have reset tools as well.
If you have an iPAQ (which I presume most people following this thread do), you can use iTask to do a soft reset. You do have to configure it, though.

The problem with using software to do a soft reset is that it won't work if the Pocket PC is frozen. That said, I use iTask for most of my soft resets.

Steve

carphead
08-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Handymenu is pretty good for soft resets. Another good way is to use this program and create a short cut.
http://www.eitcenter.com/pocketpc/product/softreset_e.htm

If the IPAQ hangs then there's no option but to unscrew the cap and use the pen part of the stylus.

kagayaki1
08-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Dont' forget to include links to what you're talking about, for all the people that haven't followed the company much!

http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=HQ22

wallisj
08-18-2003, 11:20 AM
I find that the Panache stylus nib works perfectly to do a soft reset. Fits in the hole ok and certainly does the job.

Alternatively, for those that cannot seem to do this, given the number of times a reset is required is unscrewing the pen bit that much of a chore?!

jlive1975
08-20-2003, 08:18 PM
i did get a pda panache stylus for my visor a few years back and they are pretty sweet.. i might pick one up for my 2215 and keep the stock as my backup...

however, im fine with the stock stylus so far as I am with the case itself... i saw these two things get bashed severely when I was doing my research on the web and now that I have the product im really not seeing why... obviously, they're not high end accessories but they work just fine for me...

Godsongz
08-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Got my Panache stylus today. The tip does not fit in the reset hole as wallisj's does, but I didn't expect it to. The weight and feel are just right, the pen is functional.

2 "gotchas":

The pen cap is threaded too deeply... unscrew, unscrew, unscrew, unscrew, and finally it comes off.

The stylus fits just a little too snugly in the silo. But... my "iPaq Antenna" stylus for my 3835 is too loose and thats much much worse than too snug.