View Full Version : Help with synch problem.

de8212
08-12-2003, 03:40 PM
When I try to sync my laptop to my 2215 with activesync it says "1 item not syncronized" under the Files catergory.

It synched fine earlier this morning. Only thing I have done was changed the name of the device form Pocket_PC to something else and added a few contacts/appointments.

How can I find out what file is the problem and/or how can I fix this?

thanks.

SHoTTa35
08-12-2003, 04:12 PM
click the link... it'll ask you if you wanna keep the PPC version or the desktop version. This happens when you change the PPC and desktop versions before syncing so it doesn't know which one you want to keep.

de8212
08-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks Shotta35. SOrry in advance for the dumb questions but what "link" are you talking about?
If I double-click on the "Files" it just brings up the window for File Synchronization Settings.
From there I can only Add/Remove files. None of them have changed for a long time.
I even deleted all of them from the ipaq and tried synching again but still got the same problem. SO I don't think it's any of those files.

Any other ideas on how to tell exactly which item will not synchronize?

Chris Spera
08-12-2003, 05:21 PM
There should be a Resolve link under the sync count in the ActiveSync window.

If you don't see one, click the Sync Button and see what happens.

Let us know how things go!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

de8212
08-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Well, I just went and set it up to where it would replace the desktop item with the ipaq item. Not sure what it was but I haven't changed anything on the desktop at all. All I did was add some things on the ipaq.
After I changed the setting it resolved just fine.

I always thought that if two files with the same name were not the same file size (or differed from each other in some way) then it would ask you which file you wanted to keep?

Thanks for the help.

de