View Full Version : help with avantgo

mv
08-12-2003, 03:24 PM
I donīt know why, i activated everithing but avantgo keeps showing me the standard home page - the one with the instructions to activate it. It syncs fine. I have an old account, i did hard reset my device and avantgo doesnīt works anymore... maybe i erased the home page adress from my favorites? Please do me a little favor: take a look at the IE adress bar when using avantgo, at tell me what is the adress of the avantgo home page.

And another thing: my 1940 turns itself on every 5 minutes when connected to the PC, but itīs supposed to sync only on connection. Anyone knows why? Thanks!

SHoTTa35
08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
open activesync on the pocket PC (in programs) click tools then options... UNCHECK mobile syncrhonizing (first option under the drop down box) That wakes the device up to sync it so the info in it is fresh.

Just go back to avantgo on the AS client and check avantgo then put back your info there. It'll copy over the proper stuff as well as your avantgo channel toyour PPC.

The avantgo file is windows\agdefault.htm so you can point your homepage there.

fireman2850
08-12-2003, 04:25 PM
If that does not work for you, under the /windows directory on the pocket pc, delete the file "malconfig.cfg". You are actually deleting the file that is in RAM. As soon as you delete it it will magically reappear with an older date and a smaller file size. Now you are looking at the file that is in ROM. Then resync your pocket pc to your desktop. This will force Avantgo to download some necessary files that it needs to work.

mv
08-12-2003, 06:58 PM
If that does not work for you, under the /windows directory on the pocket pc, delete the file "malconfig.cfg". You are actually deleting the file that is in RAM. As soon as you delete it it will magically reappear with an older date and a smaller file size. Now you are looking at the file that is in ROM. Then resync your pocket pc to your desktop. This will force Avantgo to download some necessary files that it needs to work.

That worked. Thanks a lot, fireman.

jimvaughan
08-13-2003, 08:07 PM
I had this problem a few weeks ago and fixed it by doing a hard reset and re-installing Activesync.

It's doing the same thing again.

The symptoms are it tries to access Avantgo and Says "Connection Successful" but then after a short delay no new content is downloaded.

I have tried deleting \windows\avantgo directory which Avantgo does re-create but no data is in the files.

It was all working fine up until midday on Sunday.

Anyone have any suggestions.

SHoTTa35
08-14-2003, 01:53 AM
log into avantgo and clear you online cache on the website... sometimes that helps..

jimvaughan
08-15-2003, 10:11 PM
I just did a hard reset that fixed it, but there must be an easier way!

gadgetguru
08-17-2003, 07:59 PM
On Pocket Pc 2002, there's a AvantGo Connect icon, you can go to (Settings>Connections>AGConnect). But there's none on the Windows Mobile 2003 (HP ipaq 1940), is there a way to configure it on the ipaq itself?

gadgetguru
08-17-2003, 08:05 PM
The AGDefault page is also read-only so it's not being rewritten even if new content are synced to the device....Anyone knows where AvantGo dumps all it's html files (what folder)...

fireman2850
08-18-2003, 05:23 AM
All the downloaded content is kept in the /avantgo folder under the /windows folder. The files are not html files but are proprietary format and not displayable directly in IE without decoding first by the avantgo program.

mv
08-19-2003, 02:58 AM
The AGDefault page is also read-only so it's not being rewritten even if new content are synced to the device....Anyone knows where AvantGo dumps all it's html files (what folder)...

Well, the only thing you can do with that files is moving them to a storage card.