View Full Version : 5555 quirks ...

prototype
08-12-2003, 03:02 AM
I recently upgraded from a 5455 to a 5555 (only because it did not cost me anything) and I have noticed a few quirks:

Sometimes the unit won't turn on. The green light is blinking and none of the buttons will turn the unit on. It takes a soft reset to get it working.

While in the cradle charging, NOT connected to a PC, it fails to turn on and show reminders or alarms. Several times I have picked the unit up and turned it on, only to have all the reminders and alarms from the last several hours start going off in succession.

I have the password set to PIN or Fingerprint for 2 hours, but I have noticed it requiring a password after only being off for 15 - 30 minutes.
(btw I think the finger printer scanner on the 5555 is significantly easier to scan than on the 5455.)

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks Drew.

Terry
08-12-2003, 06:54 AM
I have the problem with alarms. It might be SpB PocketPlus, I've temporarily removed it. I have the problem both while charging and out of the cradle.

I have also noticed the soft-reset after an alarm.

With PocketPlus installed, I sometimes need to power on twice (the 5555 will off itself immediately after I turn it on).

SassKwatch
08-13-2003, 05:20 AM
Just did the same upgrade, and thus far have not seen those problems.

But then, the only one I'd likely see is the logoff thing. Use the PIN + Fingerprint setting also, but with a 4 hr timer. Thus far, works fine.